[Scene] token gives wrong name

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
andystopford
Posts: 6
Joined: 02 Aug 2012, 10:24

[Scene] token gives wrong name

Post by andystopford » 07 Aug 2012, 13:16

Hi

I've got a problem with a character that invariably crashes Softimage when you try to import it as a model, or merge it into an existing scene. The only way round this is to merge/import whatever else is needed for the shot into the character's base scene. (I've tried to track down the cause of the crashes without success - something to do with one of the many ICE trees on the thing, I guess).

The problem is that whatever I save the new scene as, anything that requires a file path string (shadow maps, simulation caches, rendered frames, etc.) has the same (wrong) name inserted where I've used [Scene] in the string.

I seem to remember that the same thing happens if you rename a scene outside of XSI; does anyone know a fix ?

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: [Scene] token gives wrong name

Post by xsisupport » 07 Aug 2012, 13:29

iirc, look into using the FileName or UserSceneName parameters of the Scene object
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

andystopford
Posts: 6
Joined: 02 Aug 2012, 10:24

Re: [Scene] token gives wrong name

Post by andystopford » 08 Aug 2012, 19:11

I gave it a go Steve, but both these were just ignored, i.e. files were saved to the next folder up.

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: [Scene] token gives wrong name

Post by xsisupport » 09 Aug 2012, 15:00

For the case where you rename the scene using the file system...

Code: Select all

# In the file system, I renamed "My_Scene" to "PSS_Scene"
# So, open PSS_Scene and run this:
scn = Application.ActiveProject.ActiveScene
scn.Parameters("Name").Value = "PSS_Scene"
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

andystopford
Posts: 6
Joined: 02 Aug 2012, 10:24

Re: [Scene] token gives wrong name

Post by andystopford » 09 Aug 2012, 16:18

Many thanks, that seems to have sorted it.