Samsung and Starhill archiz video

Comments on finished work
User avatar
diissar
Posts: 37
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 23:17

Samsung and Starhill archiz video

Post by diissar » 31 Jul 2012, 12:08

Hi everyone,
here is our last 3D archviz video done for Samsung and Starhill here in Morocco.
It took us about a month to finish it (we were only 2 ppl on this project).
modeling and rendering done in Softimage (Mentalray),Compositing done in AfterEffects.



comments and critics are more than welcome ;)

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Samsung and Starhill archiz video

Post by mattmos » 31 Jul 2012, 14:18

Nice work! Really impressive rendering, especially considering its all mental ray. The lighter areas of some shots seem to flicker quite a bit - don't know if this is just a problem with the vimeo encoding?

User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Re: Samsung and Starhill archiz video

Post by gustavoeb » 31 Jul 2012, 14:37

very good stuff!!! congrats man
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

User avatar
diissar
Posts: 37
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 23:17

Re: Samsung and Starhill archiz video

Post by diissar » 31 Jul 2012, 22:50

mattmos wrote:Nice work! Really impressive rendering, especially considering its all mental ray. The lighter areas of some shots seem to flicker quite a bit - don't know if this is just a problem with the vimeo encoding?
Hi Mattmos,thank you for your kind words,about flicker I couldn't take it off from all the shots,due to the short deadline.Can you precise the shots with a lot of flickering?Thanks again for your comment :)
gustavoeb wrote:very good stuff!!! congrats man
Hi Gustav,thank you,I just downloaded your new plugin(motion tools)I will give it a try as soon as I have free time :)

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Samsung and Starhill archiz video

Post by mattmos » 01 Aug 2012, 09:09

For me its the shots with bright sunlight hitting white surfaces, so at 18s, the front of the house flickers, at 32 especially the pools of light flicker, and at 1min the wall flickers.

Its not an FG thing is it? I take it you used append to map rather than regenerating every frame? Other than that I thought it might just be an encoding problem.

User avatar
diissar
Posts: 37
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 23:17

Re: Samsung and Starhill archiz video

Post by diissar » 01 Aug 2012, 09:57

mattmos wrote:For me its the shots with bright sunlight hitting white surfaces, so at 18s, the front of the house flickers, at 32 especially the pools of light flicker, and at 1min the wall flickers.

Its not an FG thing is it? I take it you used append to map rather than regenerating every frame? Other than that I thought it might just be an encoding problem.
Thanks for your feedback,its because of the Vimeo encoding I think,I noticed some weird pixel behavior on some frames too,its not an FG problem,in the renders every things is ok.
As you said I used append to map on most of the shots,I got FG flicker on the kitchen shot,on the floor,if you see closely you will notice it :),other than that its encoding issues.