Texture projection question

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Victorcg
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59

Texture projection question

Post by Victorcg » 09 Sep 2009, 15:46

Hi guys. I have instanced shape particles, and I need them all be like the one projection plane for texture. Sorry for my english, I will attach picture :)

Could I do it in ICE?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
grifgont
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 11:51

Re: Texture projection question

Post by grifgont » 09 Sep 2009, 17:10

Get Texture Map from Emit(or Closest) Location...

Victorcg
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59

Re: Texture projection question

Post by Victorcg » 10 Sep 2009, 15:24

grifgont wrote:Get Texture Map from Emit(or Closest) Location...
nope

User avatar
grifgont
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 11:51

Re: Texture projection question

Post by grifgont » 10 Sep 2009, 16:26

yep

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Texture projection question

Post by origin » 10 Sep 2009, 21:42

check attached scene, this is only proof-of-concept. check ice tree and render tree.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Victorcg
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59

Re: Texture projection question

Post by Victorcg » 11 Sep 2009, 20:34

Yahooooo!!! You rock! Thank You!

User avatar
grifgont
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 11:51

Re: Texture projection question

Post by grifgont » 11 Sep 2009, 23:01

22Victorcg
I mean the same, russian dude...

Leo
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06

Re: Texture projection question

Post by Leo » 12 Sep 2009, 00:40

grifgont wrote:22Victorcg
I mean the same, russian dude...
Man I hate russians... those nasty communists... just like obama!
...

Please refrain from such behavior, he did react kinda rude towards what you proposed but he also said that his English isn't very good. So please people be nice and try to get along.

Victorcg
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59

Re: Texture projection question

Post by Victorcg » 13 Sep 2009, 10:03

grifgont wrote:22Victorcg
I mean the same, russian dude...

2grifront: You've been banned on russian forum, and you decided to argue here? You should visit your psychiatrist, really. Your answer was completely suxx.

2all: he know what I,'m speaking about. He's just likes trolling!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Texture projection question

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 Sep 2009, 10:09

A remark like "You should visit..." isn't very nice either, to say the least... :-q
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Texture projection question

Post by Rork » 14 Sep 2009, 11:20

Aaahhh..

Do I hear the soft boiling of tar, the plucking of chickens and the sharpening of pitchforks?
Yes, that buzzing excitement is hanging in the air again... :ymdevil:

People, be nice. We just 'lost' our digital sheep, we don't want a replacement. No... really... :-t

rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Texture projection question

Post by Hirazi Blue » 14 Sep 2009, 11:23

Referencing your problems with someone on another forum could be considered "pitchforky" too :(
Okay, I'm tempted to close this thread... :-?

edit: and so I did, as this thread contained too many comments of a questionable nature.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Zafar Iqbal
Moderator
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 09:04

Re: Texture projection question

Post by Zafar Iqbal » 09 Mar 2012, 05:22

origin wrote:check attached scene, this is only proof-of-concept. check ice tree and render tree.
Awesome. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!