I have put a bunch of nulls in a group and I am getting the global positions for those and piping that into an "add point". I am having trouble getting the "y-orientation" of the individual nulls to control the y-rotation of the particles. I thought it should work the same as piping the group>kine.global.pos into the add point (group.kine.local.roty>axis and angle to rotation>orientation), however this is a no go. any suggestions?
I as able to get it to work by saving the nulls in to an array, the using a "get pointid" and a "select in array" to pump the values into the particle orientation.
nulls to ice points (orientation) SOLVED
-
jamination
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58
nulls to ice points (orientation) SOLVED
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions
Jamination Productions
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: nulls to ice points (orientation) SOLVED
hi,
by the way, group already is array of attributes from members. You can use any attribute, if all members have it. Let's say group of bones will contain the bone length. Global and local transform are common for anything you have in group.
Usually it's something like this:

by the way, group already is array of attributes from members. You can use any attribute, if all members have it. Let's say group of bones will contain the bone length. Global and local transform are common for anything you have in group.
Usually it's something like this:

-
jamination
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58
Re: nulls to ice points (orientation) SOLVED
that's the ticket, thanks.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions
Jamination Productions