I was lookin for a tool to create evenyl spaced instances on curves and profiles, so to create those precise patterns, like you see on jewels or rings or whatever.
I tried first the duplicate command and then the constrain to path with the L(100) value.
The problem is i cant get the orientation i want.
I've extracted a curve from the torus.
I've setup a simple scene to illustrate what i want to do, basically i found on the net some compounds to achieve an evenly spaced instanced geometry which is fine, i'm still struggling on how to get the orientation in a correct way.
I think the compound i've found is from Julian Johnson if i'm not wrong. anyway here is an image:
They are all pointing upward, but i want them to lets say roll on themselves and point outward evenly.

I dont know how to explain...basically the base of the cone should be sitting around the normal of the torus, producing like a ring with all the cones sitting evenly and pointing outwards.
How can i orient those in that way? Because if i move the angle or the orientation axis they all move together but they dont "open" outwards.
god i hope i made myself clear
Here is the compound i'm using in case someone wants to try-
Anyone knows a way to do this? or is there already a compound or addon to do this kind of task?
Thanks, Max
