I’d like to show you a few pictures and the trailer for a short film we just finished here in Windmill Lane Pictures in Dublin. I wrote and directed it, and I was the lead 3D artist as well. Katie McGrath (Merlin) did the voices.
The pitch : A young woman forces a Banshee to bring her to the Otherworld to try to save her husband who died at sea.
All the 3D was done in Softimage, with custom shaders (Shader Compounds actually), a ton of ICE stuff, and a few pipeline tools to help us through the project. Many passes rendered out of Mental Ray, and the comping was done in Nuke.
The premiere was at the Galway Fleadh the 14th of July. Now, well, we’ll try to show it all around the world if we can! Feel free to check the website (http://www.tridanstoirm.com) or the facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/tridanstoirm)
Enjoy the pictures!




