Hello,
can anyone tell me how to apply a deform in an ICEtree (say, a bend or a turbulize) and have it affect only the points in a cluster? Or to filter it by a weightmap? (Pointers to tutorials are also welcome. It's just that I've looked at all my usual resources but can't figure it out...)
thanks, Jasper
Basic ICE question - apply deform to cluster
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Basic ICE question - apply deform to cluster
The cluster has an attribute called IsElement. So you can get objectname.cls.clustername.IsElement, plug it into the Condition port of an If node, and use that to control the logic in your tree.
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Basic ICE question - apply deform to cluster
Thanks for the answers.
I had found out about the IsElement already but couldn't figure out how to set up a tree that decides wether or not to include a point in a deform. I had tried it with a filter node, as in the page in the docs you linked to Origin, but didn't know what to do from there. Or what to plug into the value port. I'll go and try again.
I had found out about the IsElement already but couldn't figure out how to set up a tree that decides wether or not to include a point in a deform. I had tried it with a filter node, as in the page in the docs you linked to Origin, but didn't know what to do from there. Or what to plug into the value port. I'll go and try again.