Hi everyone!
As I've been (passively) enjoying this forum for a while and now finally managed to launch my new website I'd like to introduce myself and maybe get some critique on my work.
www.manuelriedl.com
I'm a freelance 3D-Generalist currently resident in Vienna, Austria
Of course ;) I mainly work on Softimage XSI but also use Mudbox, Adobe CS, etc. in addition. Also a bit of 3Ds Max, but - to be honest - only if I have to...
I will be living in NYC from September until December so if anyone has some useful input on XSI/CG/VFX/...-meet-ups, or interesting events I'd be really grateful for that.
And again: constructive criticism on both the website and my work is highly appreciated!!
Cheers, Manuel.
::p.s. @admins: please move if not the proper thread..::
new website + introducing myself
-
manuelriedl
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 13 Mar 2012, 14:15
- Skype: manuel.riedl
- Location: Vienna
new website + introducing myself
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
angelous4x
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 06 Nov 2011, 04:24
- Location: new York
Re: new website + introducing myself
hey Manuel
your work looks great. love the intro robot you have. looks awesome. if i may, the only crite i have is for you site. when viewing you work i would click on the main picture. but there isn't any button to move on to the next one. so i was forced to go back and try to click away to get to the next image and close the current one. adding an "next" button and "close" window button could fix that.
your going to love NY. psyop, superfad, the mill, uv phactory, and a few other. look them up. i don't have there contacts off hand. but i am sure you could easily get a in.
cheers
Angel
your work looks great. love the intro robot you have. looks awesome. if i may, the only crite i have is for you site. when viewing you work i would click on the main picture. but there isn't any button to move on to the next one. so i was forced to go back and try to click away to get to the next image and close the current one. adding an "next" button and "close" window button could fix that.
your going to love NY. psyop, superfad, the mill, uv phactory, and a few other. look them up. i don't have there contacts off hand. but i am sure you could easily get a in.
cheers
Angel
-
manuelriedl
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 13 Mar 2012, 14:15
- Skype: manuel.riedl
- Location: Vienna
Re: new website + introducing myself
Hey Angel
thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you like it! Also, you're right about the slideshow issue. I will fix that ASAP.
As for NYC: thanks, I hope so.. I'm also planning to rent a shared workspace there to make as much connections as possible. What exactly do you mean by 'easy get a in'?
cheers,
Manuel
thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you like it! Also, you're right about the slideshow issue. I will fix that ASAP.
As for NYC: thanks, I hope so.. I'm also planning to rent a shared workspace there to make as much connections as possible. What exactly do you mean by 'easy get a in'?
cheers,
Manuel
-
angelous4x
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 06 Nov 2011, 04:24
- Location: new York
Re: new website + introducing myself
sorry
what i mean is that i am sure you wold have problem with getting work here in NYC
what i mean is that i am sure you wold have problem with getting work here in NYC
-
manuelriedl
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 13 Mar 2012, 14:15
- Skype: manuel.riedl
- Location: Vienna
Re: new website + introducing myself
'no problem', i hope? ;)