CrowdFX question

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Werner
Posts: 157
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30

CrowdFX question

Post by Werner » 12 Jun 2012, 09:33

I'm playing around with CrowdFX and found that I can't change the actors textures.

In the docs under CrowdFX "Modifying the Actor's Materials and Textures" it states that one should pick the right projection, which I did, but still nothing.

I created a new model from the default pedestrian with the noicon pic plugged into the skin cluster. This aI can see in the viewport, but when I create a crowd, the copies does not have the texture applied.

Any ideas?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: CrowdFX question

Post by Hirazi Blue » 12 Jun 2012, 14:27

Not sure, but could this have something to do with the naming convention for texture projections when using CrowdFX?
Like Stephen Blair described in his blog:
The Crowd ICE compounds are set up to look for texture projections with the default “Texture_Coordinates_AUTO.Texture_Projection” name.
He even posted a short video how to circumvent this:
http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/2012/05 ... ojections/
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Werner
Posts: 157
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30

Re: CrowdFX question

Post by Werner » 12 Jun 2012, 19:12

Yes that was it...or the kickstart bit when selecting the projection in the shaders that did the trick.

Thanks Hirazi and especialy Stephen Blair for the help and video. ^:)^