Hello Guys,
I'm just a little lost, too long time I didn't used Ice..
I would like to make a dust (like gold dust) following a path but all i get is a cylinder of particles without flying effect.
Something like dust in the begining of Cartier Advert (sec 00:18)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpDssef_Uac
Can someone help me to get the right direction for this effect?
Thank you for helping me.
Nems.
Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB
ice cloud folowing a curve
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ice cloud folowing a curve
Hi!
Maybe use the "flow along curve" compound as a starting point? Or use the tangents of a curve at closest points as a force..? There are many ways to solve this ;)
Cheers,
oli
Maybe use the "flow along curve" compound as a starting point? Or use the tangents of a curve at closest points as a force..? There are many ways to solve this ;)
Cheers,
oli
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
funky
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:47
Re: ice cloud folowing a curve
Hi Oli,
thank you for your answer.
What i want to know is how I can add the non unified way of flying? When I use a flow alon curve, all particles are following in the same way, same speed.. I want more fractal in their reaction but all in the same main direction... not sure if it clear..
))
Thank you.
Nems.
thank you for your answer.
What i want to know is how I can add the non unified way of flying? When I use a flow alon curve, all particles are following in the same way, same speed.. I want more fractal in their reaction but all in the same main direction... not sure if it clear..
Thank you.
Nems.
-
nautilus
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 21:32
Re: ice cloud folowing a curve
you can use the tangent of the curves as the veloctiy of your particles.
and then add forces to the velcocity (turbulize or similar for example) to get the nonuniform movement. you can add whatever force you like, gravity, noise, waves, whatever.
the basic principle is adding vectors to each other.
hope this hleps.
good luck.
and then add forces to the velcocity (turbulize or similar for example) to get the nonuniform movement. you can add whatever force you like, gravity, noise, waves, whatever.
the basic principle is adding vectors to each other.
hope this hleps.
good luck.
-
funky
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:47
Re: ice cloud folowing a curve
Hi Nautilus,
thank you for your answer.
I found that turbulize velocity helped me a lot in the effect i wanted to do, so it seamt to do the trick
anyway thank u.
thank you for your answer.
I found that turbulize velocity helped me a lot in the effect i wanted to do, so it seamt to do the trick
anyway thank u.