Softimage 2010? Anyone???

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Sep 2009, 10:43

On the XSI Mailing List, "rumour" (as the thread was started by Softimage's own Luc-Eric himself) has it that Softimage 2010 has already made an unscheduled arrival in the download area of SOME (as in: not all!!!) subscription members.

A mix-up and an unwilling prerelease download seem to be strange in itself, but an unwilling prerelease that's only available to certain customers verges on the bizarre... =))

I really don't mind waiting some more (after all: that's what release dates are for), but you must admit, this is kind of strange... 8-}
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
redmotion
Posts: 150
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
Location: London

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by redmotion » 03 Sep 2009, 18:29

I heard about this too! I'm checking my subscription centre everyday between now and release, just in case I get lucky. I don't think its a mistake. I've a feeling that it could be being activated in the order people were transfered over to the autodesk system or maybe if you've just renewed our subscription. But thats just speculation!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Sep 2009, 18:42

Let's hope it's just a mistake... :ympray:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
redmotion
Posts: 150
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
Location: London

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by redmotion » 03 Sep 2009, 19:56

I don't think it is! They seem very relaxed about it...

http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Sep 2009, 20:09

Well, I'm afraid you're right, but that would mean "someone" (not me!!! :D )
could easily point out, that this isn't very "nice" (as "someone" would put it very mildly :- ),
so I am still hoping it is merely a mistake... :-s
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by xsisupport » 04 Sep 2009, 14:50

Well, there's not much I can do about it :-) Most of the Autodesk US staff is off this week, as part of company-wide shutdown (aka week of rest aka cost-cutting measure). Critical systems like product support remain online.

As far as I know, 2010 was not supposed to be released just yet, so I think the downloads went up by accident. Some customer's accounts have been updated with the 2010 serials, but it looks like that is a work in progress, so not everyone can get their serials yet.

You can install 2010 in Trail mode using the 00000 product key, or by using the 590B1 product key and choosing Standalone licensing.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by luceric » 04 Sep 2009, 23:33

Don't believe anything that Luc-Eric guy says! He B.S.es all the time! Such a troll. (Also: he can't spell)

Sofitmage 2010 download is probably being rolled out automagically in batches over the course of two weeks.
Physical shipment of Softimage 2010 is still the 14ths of September.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by Hirazi Blue » 05 Sep 2009, 07:13

:)) ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by Hirazi Blue » 11 Sep 2009, 10:36

Well, it just gets better and better: now even the Autodesk Softimage website claims Subscription Customers can download their copy of SI2010. Guess what: it still hasn't shown up in the download section of the Subscription Center I can logon to... So I logged a "Business Service Request" (as explained here on the XSISupport Blog) and I urge anyone in the same boat to do the same, so the nice folks at Softimage at least get an idea of how many (or not, as the case may be) are affected...
I am now just hoping the physical shipment is a little more reliable... :-
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
redmotion
Posts: 150
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
Location: London

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by redmotion » 11 Sep 2009, 23:17

So if someone has subscription on the 14th September does that mean they are entitled to the upgrade? Is the 14th the official date for qualification?
It's got a bit more confusing since it changed to the 10th on the subscription part of the website!

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by dirtydog » 14 Sep 2009, 16:07

Hi everybody
someone on area discussion is claiming to have downloaded si2010, but as from today 14-09-09 my v7.5 has no interactive license !!, is anyone else having problems.

bryitis
Posts: 35
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 22:28

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by bryitis » 14 Sep 2009, 19:53

you aren't the only one still waiting. I'm not sure what determines who got early access to it, but i get the feeling we are going to have to wait for our mailed copy. Autodesk doesn't really communicate very clearly what to expect, and when. If after tomorrow I haven't received any info from them, i'm going to speak with their support staff about it.

User avatar
redmotion
Posts: 150
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
Location: London

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by redmotion » 14 Sep 2009, 22:51

If you're still waiting for a download in subscription there is way around the waiting.

As pointed out by Stephen Blair on the XSI mailing list, you may already have a serial no. for 2010 which you can use to license the trial (which is (apparently) identical to the final version that will appear in subscription downloads).

Its not a very straight forward activation tbh!

Check if you have a new 2010 serial no by following the steps described here:
http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/2009/08 ... -licenses/

Download the 2010 trial here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... d=13572885

You can use the 2010 serial nos at registeronce.autodesk.com to get your license file (see link above for help) I went here because I couldn't do it through Softimage's licensing dialogs:
https://registeronce.autodesk.com/custr ... ion.action

Further licensing help can be found here:
http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/category/licensing/

EDIT: Setting up the network license for 2010 (another link posted by Stephen)
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/ind ... rk_license

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by dirtydog » 16 Sep 2009, 09:39

hardcopy arrived today. in the uk.

User avatar
Mootzoid
Administrator
Posts: 244
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
Location: Germany/France

Re: Softimage 2010? Anyone???

Post by Mootzoid » 16 Sep 2009, 12:24

I got my hardcopy today (in Germany)