I have been searching all over the manuals and the internet and I can not seem to find the answer.
I want to be able to freely navigate in all directions and currently by default in Softimage it is set to Turntable navigation on the Y axis. Is there some way to switch this? I have a project that absolutely requires that I be able to freely navigate in all directions. For instance I need to be able to rotate my view so that the model orientation changes and then be able to turntable around the Z or X axis. L for roll does not allow for this as it is view dependent. None of the other navigation tools seem to do what I need. View Cube is limited in the same way and illustrates the problem. Trackball would work.
But am I missing something?
Solution?
Trackball Style Navigation
General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
-
RichardCulver
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 17:21
Trackball Style Navigation
Post by RichardCulver » 20 May 2012, 09:23
- Board index
- All times are UTC
- Privacy Policy
- Contact / Legal Notice
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
Return to “General & Troubleshooting”
Jump to
- Guidelines
- Read me first
- General
- ↳ News
- ↳ Announcements
- ↳ Migration
- ↳ 3ds Max
- ↳ Blender
- ↳ Cinema 4D
- ↳ Houdini
- ↳ Maya
- ↳ Modo
- ↳ Fabric Engine
- ↳ Other software
- ↳ Cooperation & Jobs
- ↳ Open Discussion
- ↳ Feedback
- Showroom
- ↳ WIP
- ↳ Finished Work
- ICE section
- ↳ ICE
- ↳ ICE & Math
- ↳ ICE Tutorials
- Softimage
- ↳ Modeling
- ↳ Materials & Shaders
- ↳ Animation
- ↳ Rigging & Face Robot
- ↳ Rendering
- ↳ Compositing
- ↳ Simulation
- ↳ Programming
- ↳ Softimage Mod Tool
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Tutorials
- ↳ Tutorials on YouTube
- ↳ General & Troubleshooting
- Download
- ↳ Upload Instructions
- ↳ Models&Scenes
- ↳ ICE Compounds
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Materials
- ↳ Scripts
- ↳ FX-Tree
- Archived Forums
- ↳ Community Projects
- ↳ Community Animation Project
- ↳ Legacy CAP archive
- ↳ Community ICE Project