Exploding wall - need advices how to

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Nick3d
Posts: 71
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 12:16

Exploding wall - need advices how to

Post by Nick3d » 08 May 2012, 09:37

Hello everyone,
I'm working on a project with Softimage and I need to do an explosion...

Basically it will be a guy in a room, the camera is behind his shoulder, in front of him there is a wall ( that is a part of the entire room ) that will explode.
The wall is not just a simple wall, but there are windows, curtains, picture frames, and so on...
I need that entire wall to explode toward the guy with light shafts that goes thru the cracks of the wall, maybe with 3-4 "crack area" that will start the explosion and basically destroy the wall and send the debris/bricks/part of the window toward the guy

Since I'm not that familiar with ICE or with simulation in Softimage in general is there a good tutorial to follow to do this?
I know that there is the tutorial section, but beeing a noob with ICE I'd like to know if there is something specific about this or is there a similar tutorial that allow me to do what I just described

Cheers

nicoM
Posts: 21
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 09:24

Re: Exploding wall - need advices how to

Post by nicoM » 08 May 2012, 12:16

Hi Nick3d,

is it a professional work or is it a personal / educational project?
Timeframe?
Is it photo real or stylized?

All the question help you to decide for the right direction to go!

You could do the job entirely with the build-in nodes in ice but that require a deep understanding of ice. Not so easy for an ice noob!!!

Look at the http://exocortex.com/ website! There are Momentum and ImplosiaFX which would help you to Master the shot .... there also Learning Videos using these ICE-PlugIns!!

Cheers

Nick3d
Posts: 71
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 12:16

Re: Exploding wall - need advices how to

Post by Nick3d » 09 May 2012, 10:25

nicoM wrote:Hi Nick3d,

is it a professional work or is it a personal / educational project?
Timeframe?
Is it photo real or stylized?

All the question help you to decide for the right direction to go!

You could do the job entirely with the build-in nodes in ice but that require a deep understanding of ice. Not so easy for an ice noob!!!

Look at the http://exocortex.com/ website! There are Momentum and ImplosiaFX which would help you to Master the shot .... there also Learning Videos using these ICE-PlugIns!!

Cheers
Hello there, basically it will be a personal project for a contest, the rendered video will be processed in After Effects to give the "comic book" stylized look...
Wow, those plugins looks really amazing!
I'll download the trial and see what I can do
Thanks :)