Hello,
I've a kind of a problem doing trails for a fast moving spaceship.
I activate the fast moving emitter switch, ok particles are emitted between my keyframe but in straights lines.
More precisely if my emitter move in a curved motion rapidely, particles are emitted in straights lines between my keyframes.
How can i tweak the emitter compound to follow the real interframes ?
Thanks
PS:please forgive me for my frenchy english
ICE Particles trails
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: ICE Particles trails
Hi..!
Hope, I got you right...well, if your spaceship moves that rapidly, the only way to solve this, in my eyes, is to increase the framerate to avoid this linear frame-to-frame jumps. That way you subdivide your trails in more segments so that they can mimic the movement of your spaceship in a more precise and curved way...
hope that helps,
oliver
Hope, I got you right...well, if your spaceship moves that rapidly, the only way to solve this, in my eyes, is to increase the framerate to avoid this linear frame-to-frame jumps. That way you subdivide your trails in more segments so that they can mimic the movement of your spaceship in a more precise and curved way...
hope that helps,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: ICE Particles trails
thanks olivier, what you said plus rendering with a frame step do the trick. Too bad I have to tweak some of my ice nodes values based on frames, it's sure, next time I'll put a multiply node between each or work on a time based values if i can.
-
Letterbox
- Posts: 391
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 12:49
Re: ICE Particles trails
You know you could maybe (i have not tried it) grab the framerate with ice itself, and use that in the multiply node. This way, it all becomes self scaling.
Cheers
Terry
Cheers
Terry