Hi,
Anyone knows how can I use the particle positions of a point cloud as a goal for particles on another point cloud?
Tks
Particle position as goal
-
spurv
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
- Skype: patodigital
- Location: Portugal
Particle position as goal
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
-
spurv
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
- Skype: patodigital
- Location: Portugal
Re: Particle position as goal
Ok,
Imagine you want to create a pile of cards building up like tetris.... what would be the best approach?
Imagine you want to create a pile of cards building up like tetris.... what would be the best approach?
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
-
fabricio.chamon
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:47
Re: Particle position as goal
on an insumulated icetree, build all your pile at once.
get any mesh or a null -> point in volume/test inside null -> NOT -> delete point.
now animate the null/geo to reveal the particles.
of course this is as simple as it can get, put the flourishes on top of it.
get any mesh or a null -> point in volume/test inside null -> NOT -> delete point.
now animate the null/geo to reveal the particles.
of course this is as simple as it can get, put the flourishes on top of it.
-
fabricio.chamon
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:47
Re: Particle position as goal
ops, sorry I misunderstood your question... 
-
bottleofram
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21
Re: Particle position as goal
Can you explain that in more detail? I dont think you intentions are quite clear.
-
spurv
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
- Skype: patodigital
- Location: Portugal
Re: Particle position as goal
Sure,
I want to animate a tower of cubes growing, imagine tetris but with cubes slowly pilling on top of each other, a bit randomly NO rigid body dynamics.
I'm animating it by hand but its a pain in the ass.
So my approach would be, generate a 3D grid of particles and then try to match another point cloud with the positions on that grid, like a particle morph/Goal.. but I cant do it...

I want to animate a tower of cubes growing, imagine tetris but with cubes slowly pilling on top of each other, a bit randomly NO rigid body dynamics.
I'm animating it by hand but its a pain in the ass.
So my approach would be, generate a 3D grid of particles and then try to match another point cloud with the positions on that grid, like a particle morph/Goal.. but I cant do it...
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Particle position as goal
Here's something simple. The target point cloud is an empty point cloud with an ICE tree that uses Generate 3D Point Grid. That way the points have IDs. I rotated it so the lower IDs are at the bottom.
Then I emit from a point cloud and match up the emitted points with the corresponding point on the target.

Then I emit from a point cloud and match up the emitted points with the corresponding point on the target.

-
spurv
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
- Skype: patodigital
- Location: Portugal
Re: Particle position as goal
Wow, great man!! Can´t wait to try this tomorrow!
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
-
spurv
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
- Skype: patodigital
- Location: Portugal
Re: Particle position as goal
Perfect man, It really works! Tks!
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com