Softimage 2013 and Windows 8 CP
For anyone thinking of trying it:- Note: I haven't spent a lot of time with this. My guestimate only
Softimage 2013 Network version at least has licensing issues on my 64bit Windows 8 CP. When coming back from sleep mode it loses the license. You may be able to beat it by reloading the license & restarting the license server before XSI aborts I have managed this on the few times I have purposefully tried it. Or turning sleep mode off altogether and never putting the PC into sleep (untested). I imagine this will probably fixed by Microsoft as it may be because Microsoft don’t have all Shiv/Shims http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shim_(computing)installed/implemented. This was probably the case for Windows 7 Beta as well. So hopefully SI 2013 will work unpatched for Win 8 final or a SAP will be out.
Haven't tested the viewport a great deal.
As you know doubt know, the effort went into Metro as opposed to the Desktop. Nvidia have a driver which I think is differentiated from the Win 7 one. I have a pink screen of death with field type interlace lines occasionally and so save often. I did change my graphics card at the time of installing to a refurbished one which now of course I suspect. But have seen one other posting with the pink screen of death. I may try uninstalling the NVidia driver which didn't come preinstalled in the CP and was installed through Windows Update.
I will probably install and test again when the next Beta is released.
Softimage 2013 and Windows 8 CP
-
Nolan
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 21:47
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Softimage 2013 and Windows 8 CP
license managers and Windows sleep mode never worked properly, and it does seem to do the same in W8 CP.
When you think of the fact the software checks all kinds of time/date stamps, it's not odd it's confused after coming out of sleep mode and see the world's changed ;)
Regarding the pink screen, haven't seen that before in my tests with W8 CP. But I'm running virtual so far, no real hardware yet.
rob
When you think of the fact the software checks all kinds of time/date stamps, it's not odd it's confused after coming out of sleep mode and see the world's changed ;)
Regarding the pink screen, haven't seen that before in my tests with W8 CP. But I'm running virtual so far, no real hardware yet.
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!