FreezeM in 2013
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
FreezeM in 2013
Make an object, activate one of the SRT, FreezeM it and watch the SRT gizmo disappear.
Switch between different SRT without pressing FreezeM, then press and watch the current transform switch to the previous one.
Simple 'Freeze' 's alright.
Very annoying.
Switch between different SRT without pressing FreezeM, then press and watch the current transform switch to the previous one.
Simple 'Freeze' 's alright.
Very annoying.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: FreezeM in 2013
No one can confirm this? Or are people too lazy to post? I'm guilty of that too and very often 
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: FreezeM in 2013
Yes. Extraordinary how one small thing can make the work annoying, isn't it?
I'm trying to fix that. I'll tell you when I'm done...
I'm trying to fix that. I'll tell you when I'm done...
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: FreezeM in 2013
What are you trying to fix? 
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: FreezeM in 2013
Freeze button... It's in uixsiscripts.vbs file, but, heck, there's 12 thousands lines of code, it will take some time to figure outMcNistor wrote:What are you trying to fix?
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: FreezeM in 2013
oh! 
anyway, I'm looking forward to when you'll fix it, but if you can't in say half an hour I think you should forget about it as it's not that important...
anyway, I'm looking forward to when you'll fix it, but if you can't in say half an hour I think you should forget about it as it's not that important...
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: FreezeM in 2013
I can make a temporary fix in a next 15 minutes if someone point me on SDK where says how can I know what manipulator is currently turned on...
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: FreezeM in 2013
Ha, I found it! To fix that just simply put "SI" without quotes to DeleteObj function on a 11205 line of the uixsiscripts.vbs file that is located in a "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013\Application\DSScripts" folder

That's all!
What happens is that SIDeleteObj respects your selection and will not do anything with it

That's all!
What happens is that SIDeleteObj respects your selection and will not do anything with it
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: FreezeM in 2013
Anyone log this with support yet?
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: FreezeM in 2013
so this is a confirmed bug?
if so, i can post it in the beta mailinglist as it is still open for comments.
rob
if so, i can post it in the beta mailinglist as it is still open for comments.
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: FreezeM in 2013
Yes, I can repro and I'll log it.
The DeleteObj call was added to the FreezeModelingProc in 2013.
To repro:
- create a cube
- press X, C, V
- run this VBScript:
Dim oObjectsToDelete
set oObjectsToDelete = CreateObject("XSI.Collection")
DeleteObj oObjectsToDelete
- the transform manipulator changes from Translate to Rotate
Or:
- create a cube
- press X or C or V
- run this VBScript:
Dim oObjectsToDelete
set oObjectsToDelete = CreateObject("XSI.Collection")
DeleteObj oObjectsToDelete
- the transform manipulator disappears
The DeleteObj call was added to the FreezeModelingProc in 2013.
To repro:
- create a cube
- press X, C, V
- run this VBScript:
Dim oObjectsToDelete
set oObjectsToDelete = CreateObject("XSI.Collection")
DeleteObj oObjectsToDelete
- the transform manipulator changes from Translate to Rotate
Or:
- create a cube
- press X or C or V
- run this VBScript:
Dim oObjectsToDelete
set oObjectsToDelete = CreateObject("XSI.Collection")
DeleteObj oObjectsToDelete
- the transform manipulator disappears
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: FreezeM in 2013
Thanks! 
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: FreezeM in 2013
Haha, what a joke, there is no SIDeleteObj function... So it just blocks code evaluation.iamVFX wrote:What happens is that SIDeleteObj respects your selection and will not do anything with it
So there is something in binary code of the DeleteObj function, because you can see the same bug when you call it directly with the activated manipulation tool