I did this one just for fun to test some tools posted here. The grass is Zybrand, the egg is from Dan's fantastic topo pack, the pebbles are from FC Rock and scattered with Scatter Tools. I used the HQV to quickly set up the ground texture with images, algorithmic textures and bump maps all in real time.
All done in one easy afternoon from scratch with no real experience with the above tools. All of the above are fantastic. This is freelancer heaven I'd say ;)
[rimg=600]http://www.creativecontrol.ca/send/forumstuff/2013test.jpg[/rimg]
Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
-
gfxman
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 13:14
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
I really like the idea, good job ;)
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
Great job ArtionArt, you found the golden goose. Watch out for the green giant.
If you want to texture the egg, just apply a texture projection in xz plane, very easy with parametric equations!
Cheers!
If you want to texture the egg, just apply a texture projection in xz plane, very easy with parametric equations!
Cheers!
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
The giant is dead! See here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2301Daniel Brassard wrote:Watch out for the green giant.![]()
I'm taking my chances and running with the egg!!
Thanks guys and thanks for the tip on texturing. Hadn't thought of that yet but yes, that would be very handy.
This was just a quick test one slow afternoon just for fun to get used to some of these great tools. I like them all a lot!!!
-
Zybrand
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 07:04
- Skype: Zybrand
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
cool stuff, great idea ActionArt!
I'm glad you like my grass ;)
I will do a bit of a upgrade on it soon, was a bit busy the last while. I've learned some new things in ICE a lot of it from this community and I think I should be able to make it even better and easier to work with.
I'm glad you like my grass ;)
I will do a bit of a upgrade on it soon, was a bit busy the last while. I've learned some new things in ICE a lot of it from this community and I think I should be able to make it even better and easier to work with.
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
I'd really like to encourage that! I think it's a great tool as is and if you can improve it, well that's great!! I have a major project I'd like to try it on so that's why I'm testing.
Thanks for sharing this!
Thanks for sharing this!
-
Zybrand
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 07:04
- Skype: Zybrand
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
Thanks Action, started working on it again last night 
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
Cool! I thought maybe it would be nice if one could put a crease down the center of the grass blade rather than having flat blades.
Also and easy way to texture blades (maybe you can already I just haven't had time to try).
Thanks for keeping up the great work!!
Also and easy way to texture blades (maybe you can already I just haven't had time to try).
Thanks for keeping up the great work!!
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
Wait, is this rendered or high quality viewport?
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Quick 2013 & Community Tools Test
This is rendered (MR). Just used the HQV to set up the ground textures (mostly covered by grass now) 