Any other options for autosave?

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Any other options for autosave?

Post by Pete » 16 Apr 2012, 02:04

Hi there,

I don't have that much luck with the standard autosave feature and I was just wondering if anyone had written a script or something that might do a better job than the standard, I had a look around but couldn't find anything myself so I figured I'd try here.

The issue I have with the standard autosave is that for some reason it doesn't always seem to save a file and if it does, sometimes that file is removed when you really need it. (even though I have it turned on).

Anyway just thought I'd throw it out there,
Thanks
Pete

User avatar
myara
Posts: 406
Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33

Re: Any other options for autosave?

Post by myara » 16 Apr 2012, 02:09

Have you tried this ?

http://area.autodesk.com/downloads/plugins/incrementalsave_v2_5_and_autosave_v2_5
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Re: Any other options for autosave?

Post by Pete » 17 Apr 2012, 00:19

Hey myara,

It's a bit of a shame that it saves over your working file, but it'll have to do.

Thanks!