Kickstarter project: ID-The life and trials of Willy Grunch

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Kickstarter project: ID-The life and trials of Willy Grunch

Post by gustavoeb » 15 Apr 2012, 21:41

Hello guys, you may have seen this through twitter, SI-mailing-list or something... I could not find a thread on this here, so I initiated one.

Kickstarter is a plataform for, well, kickstarting projects financially. ID is a animation project (that is using Softimgage) and regardless their software of choice, looks like is coming out really nice! Theire financial goal is really high, and if they dont get what they asked for in time they get nothing at all...

Check out this nice video:


And theyre kickstarter page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/518 ... lly-grunch
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

User avatar
McNistor
Posts: 605
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26

Re: Kickstarter project: ID-The life and trials of Willy Grunch

Post by McNistor » 16 Apr 2012, 14:21

so is this for freelance outsourcing? I can't tell from the first look and I really don't have the time to browse sites... Thanks in advance
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

User avatar
TwinSnakes007
Posts: 316
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00

Re: Kickstarter project: ID-The life and trials of Willy Grunch

Post by TwinSnakes007 » 16 Apr 2012, 18:27

Yeah, its basically angel investing. You have multiple tiers of donations, lets say for example, $10, $100, $1000, $10,000 tiers. So, if I gave $172.48 to a project, I would qualify for the $100 tier reward. You set the dollar value for each tier and you set the reward as well. They have rules for what kind of rewards you are allowed to offer.

You must reach your published fund raising goal before you can get one penny of the donations.

So, basically you make a short video describing what your gonna do with the money, setup how ever many donations tiers you want, and then publish the project.

If you reach your funding goal, you get the money and then have to deliver the product.