Growing strands, attaching pins and avoind crashes.

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
pdesopo
Posts: 54
Joined: 08 Jul 2011, 21:49

Growing strands, attaching pins and avoind crashes.

Post by pdesopo » 11 Apr 2012, 20:56

I'm starting from a compound by Polynoid and this is what I've got so far:
Clipboard-1.jpg
It's kinda working but I'm struggling with two main issues.
1 - I want to have those spheres attached to the tip of the strands (of course they'll be smaller at that point). Right now they just stick to the emitter surface.
2 - The sphere I'm using to control the strands growth works fine, unless I scale it down too much. At that point if I do a preview SI crashes. I guess it's somehow related to the negative values of the strands once the sphere it's scaled down.

Any help will be really appreciated :)
Scene attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.