It starts to become interesting at 8:20 minutes when they are talking about file size and performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__MeR8jsFk
Does anyone know whether you can export Flip fluids from Houdini to softimage in the Alembic file format? ( I hope this is not a stupid question.)
A youtube presentation of the Alembic fileformat
-
bhouston
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 16:52
- Skype: ben.exocortex
Re: A youtube presentation of the Alembic fileformat
A lot of Softimage studios have adopting Alembic into their pipelines. While I am clearly biased I would argue that Softimage has the best Alembic workflow out of all the DCCs at the moment because of Helge Mathee's hard work in the area:
http://exocortex.com/alembic/alembic_for_softimage
These testimonials about Alembic are primarily about the Softimage implementation:
http://exocortex.com/alembic/testimonials
Generally Alembic allows you to cache out all the geometry and import it back into the other platforms. I understand that Alembic support with Houdini R12 is fairly decent (not so with R11), although I am unsure if FLIP fluids are supported at this time.
http://exocortex.com/alembic/alembic_for_softimage
These testimonials about Alembic are primarily about the Softimage implementation:
http://exocortex.com/alembic/testimonials
Generally Alembic allows you to cache out all the geometry and import it back into the other platforms. I understand that Alembic support with Houdini R12 is fairly decent (not so with R11), although I am unsure if FLIP fluids are supported at this time.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: A youtube presentation of the Alembic fileformat
You guys do do some pretty amazing work over there - keep it up. 
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames