News concerning 3D DCC business
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Post
by ajhorvath » 01 Apr 2012, 02:43
Just Testing the High Quality Viewport.
Seems a little sluggish to me,maybe I need to play with the settings more.
Take a look at this.
I do like the release a lot,there are a lot of nice fixes and all around good release.
Very pleased!Love the CrowdFX.
I am using an Intel 16 core with 4 gtx 480 sli and 24 G ram.
https://vimeo.com/39562074

Last edited by ajhorvath on 01 Apr 2012, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Post
by EricTRocks » 01 Apr 2012, 05:48
Video not valid
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Post
by ajhorvath » 01 Apr 2012, 06:16
It should work now!
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Post
by EricTRocks » 01 Apr 2012, 06:18
nope. you sure the link is valid?
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Post
by EricTRocks » 01 Apr 2012, 06:30
There we go
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Post
by ajhorvath » 01 Apr 2012, 06:35
I have managed to get some much better results in HQV.I had some problem with my SLI set up.
But still a little slow .
I wonder if people with lower end machines will have some issues with quality and speed.
I think so.
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Post
by EricTRocks » 01 Apr 2012, 06:47
Can't that be said across the board though for performance in any 3d package?
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Post
by Chris_TC » 01 Apr 2012, 08:11
Can someone make a video of a scene that only uses bumps/normal maps, specularity and shadows? I don't think I'll ever use the in-viewport depth of field or reflections.
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Post
by Nizar » 01 Apr 2012, 13:24
Four GTX480 2 gb in sli?
I think is practical unusable on my GTX 460 with 1 gb...
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Post
by luceric » 01 Apr 2012, 15:04
that garage scene is a performance disaster. turn the glossy reflection samples to zero on the phong shader of material of the bike to get the performance back.
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Post
by ajhorvath » 01 Apr 2012, 19:18
Here is a new video showing bump and normal map in HQV.
Things are moving a little faster now.
I am having problems seeing shadows in HQV.it's turned on but no shadows.
I guess my set up is more for gaming .
https://vimeo.com/39587380
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Post
by gustavoeb » 01 Apr 2012, 22:59
silly question (1) do you have lights turned on in your shadows? (2) are all light types supported?
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Post
by Maximus » 01 Apr 2012, 23:54
from Mark blog:
A few items which are not supported:
Area Lights
Raytraced Soft Shadows
Photons
Car Paint Shader
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Post
by ajhorvath » 02 Apr 2012, 00:13
I have used a point light.
I have to look into this,why I can't see shadows.
Everything is turned on.
Thanks
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Post
by Maximus » 02 Apr 2012, 00:32
try to check if you have headlight on and if it matters.
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Post
by ajhorvath » 02 Apr 2012, 02:35
gustavoeb wrote:silly question (1) do you have lights turned on in your shadows? (2) are all light types supported?
What do you mean by lights turned on in the shadows?I don't understand.
Let me know pls.
Thanks