Could someone please check the Softimage Mailing List Archive over at Google Groups for me? The last topic I see listed there is a 1 post long topic named "Softimage and Iron Python?" by Stefan Kubicek, posted yesterday morning. As I assume there will have been Mailing List activity since then (call it a hunch!), it would appear something is broken between the actual Mailing List and the Google Group Archive.
;)
Mailing List Archive @ Google
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Mailing List Archive @ Google
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: Mailing List Archive @ Google
it seems google groups is not updating...
there are plenty of new mails on group, mainly in 'softimage 2013' topic obviously
there are plenty of new mails on group, mainly in 'softimage 2013' topic obviously
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Mailing List Archive @ Google
Well, Mailing List Archive sort of restarted (but one day of posts went missing) and Stephen Blair informed me elsewhere (his blog to be precise) that the Google Group isn't maintained by Softimage but by a user.
I have one "strange" request though. Before the Google Archive broke down there was a post named "Softimage and Iron Python?" by Stefan Kubicek that I really wanted to follow. So my question is to those of you who are on the list: did this post get follow-ups in the mysterious dark era of the Mailing List Archive?
And one other thing: IIRC, there once was such a thing as a digest mode for the Mailing List. Could someone please tell me, if that still exists & how this would work? I don't need to post on the Mailing List (I post too much as it is), but the Google Group fail showed me I don't want to miss out on being able to read the contributions.
Thanks in advance...
;)
I have one "strange" request though. Before the Google Archive broke down there was a post named "Softimage and Iron Python?" by Stefan Kubicek that I really wanted to follow. So my question is to those of you who are on the list: did this post get follow-ups in the mysterious dark era of the Mailing List Archive?
And one other thing: IIRC, there once was such a thing as a digest mode for the Mailing List. Could someone please tell me, if that still exists & how this would work? I don't need to post on the Mailing List (I post too much as it is), but the Google Group fail showed me I don't want to miss out on being able to read the contributions.
Thanks in advance...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: Mailing List Archive @ Google
Marc-Andre Belzile <Marc-Andre.Belzile@autodesk.com>
It won't work. The .NET integration in XSI is based on COM automation and last time I checked, IronPython wasn't supporting it as most of the .NET languages do.
and an additional reply:
you could probably piggyback on C# and use Iron Python to implement your plugin items, but I never tried it.
It won't work. The .NET integration in XSI is based on COM automation and last time I checked, IronPython wasn't supporting it as most of the .NET languages do.
and an additional reply:
you could probably piggyback on C# and use Iron Python to implement your plugin items, but I never tried it.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Mailing List Archive @ Google
@EricTRocks - Thanks.
I was already afraid of that, but you never know...
@all - "digest mode" on the Mailing List?
I was already afraid of that, but you never know...
@all - "digest mode" on the Mailing List?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!