Hello guys. Here is the problem:
I need the particles to fill some container, for example 3D text.
For example, the particles are emitted from grid, and 3D text shuold be something like a magnet, so particles should take the volume of the text with time.
I tried surface controlled force, but I did't get any result.
If You remember the movie "The Golden Compass" - there was such effect, the faces were formed from particles.
Particles to volume
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Particles to volume
Hi..!
Perhaps try this: Fill your volume with your particles and desintegrate them as you wish (move them to a target grid, or what ever..)...then simply play the anim backwards...the oher way round you will have to build you own tree that decides, when to stop a particle from moving around, when it reaches a certain position...
cheers,
oliver
Perhaps try this: Fill your volume with your particles and desintegrate them as you wish (move them to a target grid, or what ever..)...then simply play the anim backwards...the oher way round you will have to build you own tree that decides, when to stop a particle from moving around, when it reaches a certain position...
cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Victorcg
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59
Re: Particles to volume
I just made decision to use goals. But there is another problem.owei wrote:Hi..!
Perhaps try this: Fill your volume with your particles and desintegrate them as you wish (move them to a target grid, or what ever..)...then simply play the anim backwards...the oher way round you will have to build you own tree that decides, when to stop a particle from moving around, when it reaches a certain position...
cheers,
oliver
When I try to connect move towrds goal to State execute, I get context mismatch ( per point - per object)
-
Victorcg
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59
Re: Particles to volume
As I understand, nobody knows how to convert per point to per object? Vfebt I could somehow change State's execute port to per point?
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Particles to volume
Hi..!
Perhaps you can attach your scene. It´s much easier to check it then...
Perhaps you can attach your scene. It´s much easier to check it then...
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Victorcg
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59
Re: Particles to volume
Just try to connect Move Towards Goal (Geometry as goal) to State execute port.owei wrote:Hi..!
Perhaps you can attach your scene. It´s much easier to check it then...
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Particles to volume
Hm...that works here...therefore I asked for your scene ;)
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Victorcg
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59
Re: Particles to volume
Hmmm, merged data in new scene. Now it works.owei wrote:Hm...that works here...therefore I asked for your scene ;)