Quantic Dream - Kara

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Quantic Dream - Kara

Post by Hirazi Blue » 11 Mar 2012, 20:26

A very impressive tech demo, showing off the real-time power of the PS3,
was shown at the GDC this year by game developer Quantic Dream ("Heavy Rain").
Well worth watching IMHO: YouTube

Read more about it here.

:x
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
JPWestmas
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 21:35
Skype: Jason Westmas

Re: Quantic Dream - Kara

Post by JPWestmas » 12 Mar 2012, 00:33

I didn't read the entire article but, I guess the motion capture is more impressive than the rendering itself. Materialistically, It just looks like something from 2006 on the same PS3 engine, which is pretty darn good for real time. I guess there are certain effects like the blending between two meshes and materials that just weren't possible before. That part is impressive.