Inside a compound I do have several get data nodes which are supposed to share the same reference name. Unfortunately a pass through node connected to "expose input" doesn't work here. Is there a way to achive this without connecting each get data to its own "expose input"?
Cheers
Thomas
Pass through reference
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Pass through reference
Have one Get Data that exposes the reference.
Then take the Out Name from that, and plug it into more Get Data nodes.
Then take the Out Name from that, and plug it into more Get Data nodes.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Pass through reference
Unfortunately not working entirely. In some cases the source is "self", in others "self.pointNeighbors". In each case I need the same custom attribute. If Icould just share the same reference input, no problem, but this way it doesn't work.
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Pass through reference
I'm not sure why that's a problem. You expose the reference and in name of one Get Data node, and use its out name wherever you need it. You also plug its out name into a second Get Data to get "PointNeighbors", and use that wherever you need it.
Alternatively, you can restrict your compound to work only on "self", and not expose anything at all. Problem solved.
Alternatively, you can restrict your compound to work only on "self", and not expose anything at all. Problem solved.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Pass through reference
THanks for trying to help out so far, but I didn't succeed yet. So here's a picture of the problem. Probably that helps. But maybe I just don't get it. : )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Pass through reference
Thanks! But it's the colorDirectionFromCurve attribute which I want to pass into the compound only once. It's the two references I'd like to combine.
I use this compound to blur vertex map values. So "self" and "self.pointneighbor" will be the constant path, but the attribute changes. Currenly I need to type in twice the name of it and that's what I'd like to make easier by only have one reference.
Thanks anyway!
I use this compound to blur vertex map values. So "self" and "self.pointneighbor" will be the constant path, but the attribute changes. Currenly I need to type in twice the name of it and that's what I'd like to make easier by only have one reference.
Thanks anyway!
-
caledonian_tartan
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13
Re: Pass through reference
unfortunately there's no "String to Reference" Node. it would work involving the "Concatenate String" Node...
hmm...
as far as i know we should now be able to program our own new ice nodes... (are they called custom ice nodes?)
shouldn't be hard to get a "String to Reference"...
i try
edit: here's what i found in the SDK docs: "Reference. Note: this data type is not available for Custom ICENodes."
anyway. i tried the ICENodeWizard and created a new ICE Node. as Reference is not supported i wanted to let it undefined (black) and see what happens.
BUT. i'm not able to compile it.
hmm...
as far as i know we should now be able to program our own new ice nodes... (are they called custom ice nodes?)
shouldn't be hard to get a "String to Reference"...
i try
edit: here's what i found in the SDK docs: "Reference. Note: this data type is not available for Custom ICENodes."
anyway. i tried the ICENodeWizard and created a new ICE Node. as Reference is not supported i wanted to let it undefined (black) and see what happens.
BUT. i'm not able to compile it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64
