Walking Robots that Fracture and Fall Apart

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
JPWestmas
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 21:35
Skype: Jason Westmas

Walking Robots that Fracture and Fall Apart

Post by JPWestmas » 28 Feb 2012, 17:31

Hi guys, new-er guy here. I was hoping to find a little information about making walking robots that get hit, fracture and then fall apart. A typical effect you see in any movie with a legion of robots. I'm hoping to use maybe some bullet hard bodies w/fracturing and apply it to characters that are controlled by bones or driven by point cache.

I don't suspect that this has been done often, sounds rather long process to get it right. Anyway, I'll share my findings with the community as it is a pretty cool effect imo.

User avatar
JPWestmas
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 21:35
Skype: Jason Westmas

Re: Walking Robots that Fracture and Fall Apart

Post by JPWestmas » 28 Feb 2012, 22:44

Are there any compounds out there for ragdolls that I can pick apart? I'll see if I can find any.