Hi all,
I was wondering how to go about exporing/baking/stamping (not sure about the terminology) a camera projection or procedural shader into an a texture map/image in XSI..
(It'd be nice to get just the diffuse if possible, so I can use the texture in another shader or renderer)
Not sure if it matters, but the objects ARE already properly unwrapped.
Any help would be appreciated ^^
Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
Let's see if I understood you correctly:
You have Obj A with a camera projection and Obj B with explicit UV.
Now you want to bake the texture to Obj B UV, so your Obj B with the new texture will look the same as Obj A.
If that's it, then:
Obj A = camera projection
Obj B = explicit UV
Select Obj B and Run UltiMapper from Property.
In High resolution source pick Obj A
Select Albedo only (this is for baking textures without light influence)
Increase Spilling to your needs.
Don't use Compute, this is only for Normal Map generation.
In Advanced Tab, uncheck Keep Tangent Operator. This is only for Normal Maps.
Set your Path, File Name and press Generate.
You have Obj A with a camera projection and Obj B with explicit UV.
Now you want to bake the texture to Obj B UV, so your Obj B with the new texture will look the same as Obj A.
If that's it, then:
Obj A = camera projection
Obj B = explicit UV
Select Obj B and Run UltiMapper from Property.
In High resolution source pick Obj A
Select Albedo only (this is for baking textures without light influence)
Increase Spilling to your needs.
Don't use Compute, this is only for Normal Map generation.
In Advanced Tab, uncheck Keep Tangent Operator. This is only for Normal Maps.
Set your Path, File Name and press Generate.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
NightroadAX
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 03:23
Re: Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
Hey myara, thanks for the quick reply.
I think you've slightly misunderstood, I was asking for how to do it in both cases:
A) Camera Projection -> texture map (I think your solution works for this case, if I duplicated and unwrapped the duplicate)
B) Procedural Texture -> texture map
Would the same method work for Procedural textures?
Thanks for the help!
I think you've slightly misunderstood, I was asking for how to do it in both cases:
A) Camera Projection -> texture map (I think your solution works for this case, if I duplicated and unwrapped the duplicate)
B) Procedural Texture -> texture map
Would the same method work for Procedural textures?
Thanks for the help!
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
UltiMapper should work for both cases.
But it's not perfect, even in High Quality you may lose some quality.
But it's not perfect, even in High Quality you may lose some quality.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
I think perhaps you mean Rendermap instead of ultimap
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
I meant UltiMapper.
Since we are talking about two objects with different UVs I don't think you can do it with RenderMap. Or at least, I don't know how.
Since we are talking about two objects with different UVs I don't think you can do it with RenderMap. Or at least, I don't know how.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
AceMastermind
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 14 Jun 2009, 22:57
Re: Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
I would use RenderMap to bake the surface color to texture.
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
I think now I get the question.
1. If you want to bake a texture from an object with an UV in a different UV, I don't see another way than Ultimapper.
2. If you want to bake a texture from a procedural with an UV in another UV, duplicate the object and use Ultimapper.
3. If you want to bake a texture from a procedural with your actual UV, you can use RenderMap.
I don't know if everybody is talking only about the 3rd case but I don't know how to bake to a different object with a different UV using RenderMap.
1. If you want to bake a texture from an object with an UV in a different UV, I don't see another way than Ultimapper.
2. If you want to bake a texture from a procedural with an UV in another UV, duplicate the object and use Ultimapper.
3. If you want to bake a texture from a procedural with your actual UV, you can use RenderMap.
I don't know if everybody is talking only about the 3rd case but I don't know how to bake to a different object with a different UV using RenderMap.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
NightroadAX
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 03:23
Re: Texture maps from Projections or Procedurals?
Ultimapper/rendermap did the trick! thanks a bunch 