I had a few of these issues recently: Objects are loosing properties like Kinematics or, as you can see in the attached image, all the construction modes.
This leads to errors like not being able to edit animations in the curve editor or assign materials or worst of all corrupted scenes.
It seems to happen with all kinds of objects in new an old scenes. This reminds me of the lost connections in the render tree.
Has anyone experienced similar problems? (found nothing by searching) This is a severe issue for me, and if it´s a bug it needs to be fixed immediately.
Achim
Objects loosing properties
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Objects loosing properties
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Objects loosing properties
I've never had that happen yet. Is it possibly a result of a third party addon?
Have you asked SI tech support about it yet?
Have you asked SI tech support about it yet?
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Objects loosing properties
Well, the construction modes will appear as soon as you do something that adds an operator to the stack. It's always worked like taht, as far as I can remember.
On the other hand, losing Kinematics would be a serious bug. If you have a scene, or even better, steps to reproduce consistently, send them in to Support.
On the other hand, losing Kinematics would be a serious bug. If you have a scene, or even better, steps to reproduce consistently, send them in to Support.
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Objects loosing properties
you don't loose the kinematics, it's usually the filter in the scene explorer that is hidding them. zap your user pref to reset everything to default when you get that.
one of the setting, about only showing properties applied in branch, can be really scary.
one of the setting, about only showing properties applied in branch, can be really scary.
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Objects loosing properties
I don´t mean loosing the kinematics, the animation is still there. Only the connection to the ui is gone. If I see the kine properties for other objects in the explorer it can´t be a filter thing. I´ve tried all kinds of settings. It seems to be a bit more complex.luceric wrote:you don't loose the kinematics, it's usually the filter in the scene explorer that is hidding them. zap your user pref to reset everything to default when you get that.
one of the setting, about only showing properties applied in branch, can be really scary.
The keys show up in the timeline, but i can´t select them there. Shift middleclick/drag over the keys, the white selection box appears, but it vanishes as soon as I release the mouse leaving the keys unselected. I had the more than one time in the last half year in various scenes.
Also branchselecting the object (as part of a hierarchy) shows all curves for the other objects in the branch except the object in question.
Having a kinematics ppg open and selecting an animated object updates the ppg showing the objects kine except for the object in question which i have to select and hit ctrl-k to update the ppg. Either way, the curve will show up in the curve editor only "by accident" if at all. (similar curves of other objects are shown properly, so it´s not a filter thing) Switching between local and apllied properties doesn´t have any effect either, only if you ask...
There are no locks, nor other restriction for this objects in this scene.
I may me hypersensitive at the moment, because I´ve lost a lot of time due to corrupted scene data (also verified).
Falsely accusing "lost construction mode"s comes from the issue that in a specific scene i can´t assign a material to the object in question. It´s part of a model which I import ( in the default layer) and try to assing a new material by rightclicking in the material manager with the material and the object selected and choose "assing to selected". Instead of assigning the material a pick session is initialized, and of course, I can´t pick the suspicous object. Loading the model in a clean scene, everings fine. And no, there are no groups or overrides or locks or something. It just ignores the selection. So there are no lost modes, but the problem persists, most likely a problem with the data structure of the scene.
I never noticed the modes show up only when adding an op. I think never opeen the objecttree before I added an op ;) . But as I said, everything looks suspiscous to me these days.
I another case I had finished a scene, net rendered it already, changed a few keys afterwards, restarted the render job and mentalray crashes after finishing a frame, even in the ui or with the render region. Even the backupscenes had the error.
I really do not trust si at all these days, I´d go to maya, but things are even worse there.
So a lot of things happend, costing me time to no end. I don´t even have the time to write this not to mention writing reports to si support. So I can´t prepare a sample scene at the moment, I will try that in a few weeks.
Another thing: It seems dragging and dropping parameters from objecs to custom parametersets in the scene explorer doesn´t work. Can you confirm this? Is there a setting that may prevent that?
Achim
Update: deletet prfes file. kinematic property still not visible in scene explorer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Objects loosing properties
This is only to conclude this thread.
Here´s the scenefile containing an animated object without kine property. You won´t see it before fram 70 or so because it has scaling animated.
If you export it as .xsi and reimport, the kine property is back.
Achim
Here´s the scenefile containing an animated object without kine property. You won´t see it before fram 70 or so because it has scaling animated.
If you export it as .xsi and reimport, the kine property is back.
Achim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Objects loosing properties
What version of Softimage?
Never ever seen this in all years of using Softimage. (3.0 till 2013)
rob
Never ever seen this in all years of using Softimage. (3.0 till 2013)
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!