Hi, i would like to know if there is a script/plugin/ modelling procedure, to space "evenly" point or edges.
I tryed with this wonderfull plugin:
http://myara.web.fc2.com/mAligner.html
But the "align equidistant" is the only feature that gives me an error
# ERROR : 2000 - Argument 0 (SelectionList) is invalid
# ERROR : 2001-SELE-SelectGeometryComponents - Argument 0 is invalid - [line 643 in C:\Users\Simone\Autodesk\Softimage_2012_Subscription_Advantage_Pack\Addons\mAligner\Application\Plugins\mAlignerPlugin.js]
# ERROR : 2028-CUST-mEquiX - Invalid argument specified.
Application.mEquiX("x", "global")
# ERROR : Chiamata di routine o argomento non validi - [line 93]
# ERROR : Property Page Script Logic Error (Errore di run-time di Microsoft JScript)
# ERROR : [91] {
# ERROR : [92] if (selection.count==1 && selection(0).SubComponent.ComponentCollection.Count > 2 )
# ERROR : >[93] { mEquiX(axis, kine);
# ERROR : [94] //Set selection tool back
# ERROR : [95] if(seltype=="edgeSubComponent")
# ERROR : Chiamata di routine o argomento non validi
Application.SelectFilter("object")
I've asked the author, but i got no reply.
Any other idea how to achieve this kind of modelling?
How to evenly space points or edges?
-
pasha_sevez
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Sep 2011, 09:38
Re: How to evenly space points or edges?
Can you describe what are you trying to do in details? Possibly I'll be able to help you.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: How to evenly space points or edges?
This issue seems to already have been resolved in this other thread
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
pasha_sevez
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Sep 2011, 09:38
Re: How to evenly space points or edges?
Ok, it looks like the problem is really solved! Good luck!
P.S. I'll share my ICE-base deformer plugin for "evenizing" the edge loops another time.
P.S. I'll share my ICE-base deformer plugin for "evenizing" the edge loops another time.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: How to evenly space points or edges?
I'd say, share it now...
The more tools the better!
;)
The more tools the better!
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
pasha_sevez
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Sep 2011, 09:38
Re: How to evenly space points or edges?
I'll do for sure
I planned to release a couple of my own original scripts in few weeks and this thread by itself became kinda "spoiler" ))
Ok, the the announcement:
1) ICE-based plugin to "evenize" the points along selected edge loops. The edgeloops can be straight or curved - doesn't matter.
2) ICE-based plugin to "circularize" edgeloop. Actually there's no one plugin or script (Spherisize, MX_Roundish and so on) that makes completely correct circles (non-even distribution or twists of circle). This plugin solves all the problems - I'll make a comparison video preview to show.
Originaly I've made them for myself to assist in Hard Surface modelling where even points distribution across surface is very important if you wanna get get really smooth subd surface. But it looks like those tools will be useful not only for me
Ok, the the announcement:
1) ICE-based plugin to "evenize" the points along selected edge loops. The edgeloops can be straight or curved - doesn't matter.
2) ICE-based plugin to "circularize" edgeloop. Actually there's no one plugin or script (Spherisize, MX_Roundish and so on) that makes completely correct circles (non-even distribution or twists of circle). This plugin solves all the problems - I'll make a comparison video preview to show.
Originaly I've made them for myself to assist in Hard Surface modelling where even points distribution across surface is very important if you wanna get get really smooth subd surface. But it looks like those tools will be useful not only for me