new ICE plugin: emNewton2 v.2.0

New plugins, tools etc.
User avatar
Mootzoid
Administrator
Posts: 244
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
Location: Germany/France

new ICE plugin: emNewton2 v.2.0

Post by Mootzoid » 18 Jan 2012, 08:34

Hi there!

A new plugin has been released for ICE.
Its name: emNewton2.
This rather nerdy plugin is an implementation of Isaac Newton's Law of universal Gravity.

As usual I made a little release video for the occasion..
..and it is called:
Image

Here some screenshots of the four simulations of the video:
Image

And finally the video itself:


Well, it's just particles (again!) ;)

Take care!
Eric

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: new ICE plugin: emNewton2 v.2.0

Post by Rork » 18 Jan 2012, 09:26

And there it is in the "wild". ;)

Nice plugin again, I really like the "clumping" effect. Really cool!

rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: new ICE plugin: emNewton2 v.2.0

Post by iamVFX » 18 Jan 2012, 10:17

Awesome video, Eric! What's new in 2.0 version?

User avatar
Mootzoid
Administrator
Posts: 244
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
Location: Germany/France

Re: new ICE plugin: emNewton2 v.2.0

Post by Mootzoid » 18 Jan 2012, 16:26

iamVFX wrote:Awesome video, Eric! What's new in 2.0 version?
Thank you!

Please forget about the old emNewton 1.0! That was really just a little "getting-warm-with-ICE" project, nothing serious.

emNewton2 is the most modern and well-coded of all my plugins so far. It features a newly designed multithreaded octree for the neighboring and spacial partioning (that is the "trick" to get fast calculations). Then it has the particle fusion (intersecting particles melt together into a bigger particle) as well as particle collision. In a certain sense emNewton2 is the "real version 1.0". By that I mean that it will be enhanced with new functionality in the future. There's already a quite nice list of things I will add (sorry, I cannot be more specific at the moment).

Certain things that were developed for this new plugin are also going to be included into some of the other plugins. For example emFlock2 will have collision in its next version.

Cheers,
Eric

User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: new ICE plugin: emNewton2 v.2.0

Post by ActionArt » 18 Jan 2012, 16:59

Most excellent as always Eric. I'm still curious about the mystical "emVolume", "emTree" and whatever "emFuTools" might be listed on your website as being worked on. I hope emVolume is still under construction, we sure do need a good alternative.

nuverian
Posts: 143
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 21:25
Location: Greece

Re: new ICE plugin: emNewton2 v.2.0

Post by nuverian » 20 Jan 2012, 20:30

emNewton2 looks great and great video as usual Eric.
And I will second what ActionArt said about being curious especially about emVolume as well as your other projects.
\m/

--Edit: Mispelled
Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net

User avatar
Mootzoid
Administrator
Posts: 244
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
Location: Germany/France

Re: new ICE plugin: emNewton2 v.2.0

Post by Mootzoid » 06 Feb 2012, 11:35

Hey guys 'n gals,

I finally made a first video tutorial for emNewton2. It is a walk through the plugin and shows a few things it can do and can be used for.



Cheers,
Eric