Hi,
the http://rray.de/xsi plugins page has gotten a little but too long to load in one go, so I'm testing dynamic loading with ajax right now.
It seems to work in Firefox & Chrome, please let me know if something doesn't work for you.
Cheers,
Ray
Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
Seems to work in Opera as well (and that's the only thing that matters - to me, that is
)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
Yep, works fine as well as filter search on Chrome
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
Thanks for testing
being curious now how much this affects traffic
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
Some slight hiccups in FireFox sometimes when looking through large sets based on the search item, but it all looks good to me ;)
rob
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
working okay here on chrome!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
Thanks, too!
Rob, I looked into that, the lag when searching should now be reduced a little, there was something in a loop that didn't need to be.
Rob, I looked into that, the lag when searching should now be reduced a little, there was something in a loop that didn't need to be.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
bottleofram
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
Hi Ray,
Firefox works here, but I have a question. With the new dynamic loading the page loads about 1/5 of the content when first being accessed. Than, when you scroll to the bottom it loads the whole thing. Is this how you intended? Wouldn't it be better to load the next 1/5 and wait for the user to scroll down again to start another loading season?
Also, thank you very much for providing us with a great plugin repository. You're doing a great job were a certain gazillion million dollar company miserably failed to deliver.
Firefox works here, but I have a question. With the new dynamic loading the page loads about 1/5 of the content when first being accessed. Than, when you scroll to the bottom it loads the whole thing. Is this how you intended? Wouldn't it be better to load the next 1/5 and wait for the user to scroll down again to start another loading season?
Also, thank you very much for providing us with a great plugin repository. You're doing a great job were a certain gazillion million dollar company miserably failed to deliver.
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
Hi bottleofram - That's intended for now. First 1/5th for visitors who only want to see what's new (My guess is that those probably are quite a few).
Rest is for those who look for something specific. I'll see how much this reduces traffic and if it's not enough I'll add more 1/5ths.
btw you're welcome. It's less work than one might think... especially since I started quoting more
Rest is for those who look for something specific. I'll see how much this reduces traffic and if it's not enough I'll add more 1/5ths.
btw you're welcome. It's less work than one might think... especially since I started quoting more
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
what about splitting stuff in categories?
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Testing rray.de ajax dynamic loading
It would help with the traffic issue, but I wanted to go without them mainly because they often overlap -- that's why I used tags instead.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026