How can I get the point position of a point cluster (1 point in the cluster)? Hoping that I can shape animate my object, and then later get the point position of a 'tagged' point to use in some other math calculations.
Thanks,
-Dave
How to get point position of a point cluster?
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: How to get point position of a point cluster?
Think I posted too quickly....
Pointcluser.IsElement -> Filter (Keep) -> (Output is 3d vector)
Get Point Position -> (value)
Note, This doesn't take into account an object's SRT.
Pointcluser.IsElement -> Filter (Keep) -> (Output is 3d vector)
Get Point Position -> (value)
Note, This doesn't take into account an object's SRT.
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: How to get point position of a point cluster?
In case anyone was interested, I found that I needed one extra node so that it changed from Per point to Per object context....
Get Data (PointCluster.IsElement) -> Filter (Keep) ->Get Maximum in Set ->
_____________Get Point Position ->Filter (value)
(Edit: Wish this allowed me to keep blank spaces..... I added underscores to try not to confuse; Get PointPos plugs into Filter.)
Get Data (PointCluster.IsElement) -> Filter (Keep) ->Get Maximum in Set ->
_____________Get Point Position ->Filter (value)
(Edit: Wish this allowed me to keep blank spaces..... I added underscores to try not to confuse; Get PointPos plugs into Filter.)
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: How to get point position of a point cluster?
The code tags do (more or less) preserve the spaces:
;)
Code: Select all
Get Data (PointCluster.IsElement) -> Filter (Keep) ->Get Maximum in Set ->
Get Point Position ->Filter (value)Stay safe, sane & healthy!