Another hack? I hope they'll get some new moderators/admins on board, would be a shame to see the site go down.2: fopen(approve1.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
(/home/xsi/ftp/www/forum/index.php(315) : eval()'d code ln 1)
XSIBase login error
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
XSIBase login error
It looks like currently it's not possible to log in to XSIBase, unless you're automatically logged in by cookies.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: XSIBase login error
One of the biggest problems, I think, the xsibase faces (and Atyss hinted at this a long time ago) is the fact that the code of the forum software should get a thorough overhaul, but nobody has the time (or even probably enough knowledge) to embark on such an epic adventure. So I don't think it's necessarily getting new mods/admins (although that certainly would help some), the root of all evil lies in the maintainability of the forum software. As an administrator on the si-community I can only say, I fully sympathize. In the long run this forum will face similar problems with its forum software (and to a certain extent it already does). And hackers sadly know more about (the tricks of) the forum software they attack than most mods/admins. That is why the latter always fight a losing battle...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: XSIBase login error
XSIBase looks like site from the early 90s. Just saying 
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: XSIBase login error
yep outdated & abandoned site. Too bad you can't move their database over here.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: XSIBase login error
Yea, I couldn't even create an account on that site ever...always had an error.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: XSIBase login error
Yes adding volunteer staff would only add some time. I hope at least there's an automatic backup for its database othewise with the next best hack attack, everything could be completely gone.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: XSIBase login error
I think it logs you in anyway. Worked for me anyway. Might have sent your password to Russia, though
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: XSIBase login error
To me that (or sending it to any other country, for that matter)luceric wrote:Might have sent your password to Russia, though
is a good reason to not try again,
until they give the all-clear officially...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Re: XSIBase login error
Is there indication Russian hackers did it?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: XSIBase login error
No, I think this is more of a figure of speech... (at least that's how I read it)
(edit: see next two posts:) malicious "Russian hackers" as a stand-in for any malicious hacker in general... ;)
(edit: see next two posts:) malicious "Russian hackers" as a stand-in for any malicious hacker in general... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: XSIBase login error
Russian hackers are not malicious, most of them do it for funHirazi Blue wrote:"Russian hackers" as a stand-in for any malicious hacker in general... ;)
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: XSIBase login error
Okay, sorry...
I meant to say 'malicious "Russian hackers" as a stand-in...' to be perfectly politically correct about it.
(even went back and edited my previous post)
;)
I meant to say 'malicious "Russian hackers" as a stand-in...' to be perfectly politically correct about it.
(even went back and edited my previous post)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: XSIBase login error
geez, not even "Forgot Password" will work....
sad thing is that XSIBase still has like 10 times the number of online users SI-Comm. has at any time =/
I understand that might be releated to searche enginges and content that has been there for a long time, but people need to migrate...
sad thing is that XSIBase still has like 10 times the number of online users SI-Comm. has at any time =/
I understand that might be releated to searche enginges and content that has been there for a long time, but people need to migrate...
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
bottleofram
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21
Re: XSIBase login error
User controlled community site was/is always a bad idea. It should be the owner-company who takes care of this things, but with softimage's turbulent history...
Dont undervalue the content.
While for the other big packages you can just google the problem and find countless different sources, for soft its almost exclusively gonna be xsibase. The problems we have are rarely unique, so if theres an instant solution instead of waiting couple of days for someone to replay, the benefits can be huge. In fact, I can guarantee this is the main reason why most beginners use mya/max and rarely dare to consider other options.gustavoeb wrote:I understand that might be releated to searche enginges and content that has been there for a long time, but people need to migrate...
Dont undervalue the content.
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: XSIBase login error
My problem with www.si-community.com is that I cannot access it from work (Nickelodeon/Viacom). I get a message saying that it's blocked because of botnetworks.
Has anyone else experienced that (probably only someone who works for a big bohemeth company)?
So I must resort to my cellphone while at work..
I was gonna start a thread about login problems on xsibase. Happened to me a couple days before rrays post. Hopefully it'll get fixed after the holidays (along with SPAM on the front screen?!?!?!)
So I must resort to my cellphone while at work..
I was gonna start a thread about login problems on xsibase. Happened to me a couple days before rrays post. Hopefully it'll get fixed after the holidays (along with SPAM on the front screen?!?!?!)
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: XSIBase login error
@bottleofram - I respectfully disagree on two different counts:
1) User controlled community sites are in principle much better than company controlled ones (look for instance at the Area), the fact Softimage had it's famous Softimage|NET was a rare positive exception to the rule IMHO.
2) the idea that xsibase is the main place to turn to for answers is somewhat outdated I'm afraid. It still might look that way, because there are so many (often old) threads to take a chance on, but newer knowledge seems to be much more evenly spread. Getting an answer to a direct question not only depends on the community but also on the time of day and the required speed of such an answer...
@dwigfor - you've mentioned this before and I wasn't able to help you then. I always lived under the obviously mistaken impression a domain gets some kind of notification before being blocked. Maybe we should try tackling this problem once more. Please send me a PM (preferable with the exact message your company gives you).
1) User controlled community sites are in principle much better than company controlled ones (look for instance at the Area), the fact Softimage had it's famous Softimage|NET was a rare positive exception to the rule IMHO.
2) the idea that xsibase is the main place to turn to for answers is somewhat outdated I'm afraid. It still might look that way, because there are so many (often old) threads to take a chance on, but newer knowledge seems to be much more evenly spread. Getting an answer to a direct question not only depends on the community but also on the time of day and the required speed of such an answer...
@dwigfor - you've mentioned this before and I wasn't able to help you then. I always lived under the obviously mistaken impression a domain gets some kind of notification before being blocked. Maybe we should try tackling this problem once more. Please send me a PM (preferable with the exact message your company gives you).
Stay safe, sane & healthy!