I have got 4D vector from my motion capture like XYZW for each joint so
I just want to know how to calculate the rotation for this joint?
Thanx in Advance
How to calculate the rotation form X.Y.Z.W ?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: How to calculate the rotation form X.Y.Z.W ?
Not quite the expert myself, but I think one of the two ways illustrated below (for convenience's sake incorporated in one screenshot), depending on the question if you want a "rotation" or a "quaternion"...
;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: How to calculate the rotation form X.Y.Z.W ?
Not sure why my post didn't come thru. Hirazi beat me, but here's my text reply..
4d vector should be same as Axis and Angle. So w would be the angle that rotates around a vector xyz.
4d vector should be same as Axis and Angle. So w would be the angle that rotates around a vector xyz.