How to pass value from application to custom ICE Node?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
mjd3d
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Sep 2011, 20:31

How to pass value from application to custom ICE Node?

Post by mjd3d » 19 Dec 2011, 10:14

I have C# application and I want to pass value from it to a custom Ice Node in reel time

anyone can help me to do this?

Leo
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06

Re: How to pass value from application to custom ICE Node?

Post by Leo » 19 Dec 2011, 11:51

I'm not an expert on this kind of interaction, but my intuition tells me that it would be easy to just write the information to an xml (or other) file and read it from the icenode.
There might be a better way of doing this, but that would definitely work.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: How to pass value from application to custom ICE Node?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 19 Dec 2011, 12:29

Also more of a workaround (I guess), but you can always set the value äs it appears in the ICE Tree...
This is Pythonesk, but it's just to illustrate:

Code: Select all

Application.SetValue("cube.polymsh.ICETree.3DVectorNode.value_y", 2, "")
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Leo
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06

Re: How to pass value from application to custom ICE Node?

Post by Leo » 19 Dec 2011, 13:07

Hirazi Blue wrote:Also more of a workaround (I guess), but you can always set the value äs it appears in the ICE Tree...
This is Pythonesk, but it's just to illustrate:

Code: Select all

Application.SetValue("cube.polymsh.ICETree.3DVectorNode.value_y", 2, "")
;)
Could you elaborate on that? I'm not really sure how an application could set a value in Softimage.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: How to pass value from application to custom ICE Node?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 19 Dec 2011, 13:28

Oops, I read "application" as meaning "plugin" not "external application", in which case I don't think its possible... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!