Dry ice 'creeping fog' effect with ICE

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
fjg
Posts: 45
Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 16:45

Dry ice 'creeping fog' effect with ICE

Post by fjg » 18 Dec 2011, 18:17

I'd like to create an effect similar to the way 'creeping fog' looks (like dry ice practical effects) in Softimage with ICE.
There will be characters animating and interacting with the fog. Anyone know of tutorials using standard Softimage
compounds for creation and rendering of something like this?

I'm open to commercial solutions, but would like to look into whats available in Soft/online first.

Thanks


EDIT: looking at the file that comes with xsi now...

Matic
Posts: 70
Joined: 18 Jun 2009, 17:58

Re: Dry ice 'creeping fog' effect with ICE

Post by Matic » 19 Dec 2011, 02:21

Look at curl noise, best way to create a smokey look out of box. I would start with floor/ground collision object, gravity force and curl noise, see what you get, and refine from there.

Commercial tools my first choice would be slipstream (http://vimeo.com/12019068 here's a dry ice effect in fact) or emFluid.