I'm trying to build something like Helge's Pixel Particle, but instead of using his Custom Nodes I'm building my own Compounds. The thing is that I'm not very good at optimizing this trees and I would like to know if anyone can point me in the right direction to a faster evaluation of such a tree. Here is what it is doing now:
*Creats a bunch of points;
*Creats a custom atribute with theyre positions in UV space;
*Each UV coordinate is converted to Barycentric coordinates FOR EVERY POLYGON (
*Barycentric coordinates are stored in custom atribute;
*Polygon to which every point pertains is stored in a custom attribute;
*Points without a polygon are deleted;
*Point's barycentric coordinates are converted back to Cartesian (XYZ) regarding the polygons they pertain to.
Important to note that, as is, this only works in triangular meshes.
Here is the file if anyone wants to check it out:
http://gustavoeb.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/uv2location.scn
Cheers