Minigun

Comments on work in progress
User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Minigun

Post by Grubber » 05 Aug 2009, 20:31

Hi all!

Here comes my new WIP. It is not very logical thing. :)
Image
Image
Image
Image

I am thinking to make lowpoly out of it, though I never done any lowpoly.
Any comments? :-?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Minigun

Post by Hirazi Blue » 05 Aug 2009, 20:38

Wow... I really like the utterly impractical design!!! :)) Great stuff. ^:)^
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: Minigun

Post by Diurno » 05 Aug 2009, 20:41

i like the syle!!! can you post a wire???

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Minigun

Post by Grubber » 06 Aug 2009, 07:19

Damn. I knew someone will want to see wireframe, I completely forgot about it ~x(
I will post it later today.

Thanks for comments! :D

Deracus
Posts: 75
Joined: 05 Jun 2009, 08:24
Location: Leipzig, Germany

Re: Minigun

Post by Deracus » 06 Aug 2009, 08:16

Really funny piece of art :)
The design would suit some kind of comic-terminator, as the nature of there combat-style would compensate the lack of logic in that design :)
But it really looks good nevertheless ;)

A wire would be really interesting, as it looks very smooth and clean and so i hope, that the wire will give some hints about how you solved this or that...

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Minigun

Post by Grubber » 06 Aug 2009, 19:02

Deracus wrote:comic-terminator
hmm :-? nice idea! Maybe I should consider making it.

Anyway, here are some wires:
Image
Image

User avatar
Mootzoid
Administrator
Posts: 244
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
Location: Germany/France

Re: Minigun

Post by Mootzoid » 06 Aug 2009, 22:14

Now that's what I call a nice mesh!

Deracus
Posts: 75
Joined: 05 Jun 2009, 08:24
Location: Leipzig, Germany

Re: Minigun

Post by Deracus » 07 Aug 2009, 08:16

You make good use of SubD-techniques....great mesh! :)

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Minigun

Post by Grubber » 07 Aug 2009, 22:33

Thanks guys!
Small update:
Image

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Minigun

Post by Grubber » 08 Aug 2009, 10:59

Another little update:
Image

alonzo
Posts: 6
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 16:27

Re: Minigun

Post by alonzo » 10 Aug 2009, 10:07

really nice model, reminds me on Warhammer or Starquest ;)
Nevercenter Silo / Blender / Autodesk Softimage ModTool

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Minigun

Post by Grubber » 11 Aug 2009, 20:54

Thanks alonzo!
I think am done with the model. I will just try to build low poly now. Any advice would be very helpful :)
Image

Letterbox
Posts: 391
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 12:49

Re: Minigun

Post by Letterbox » 11 Aug 2009, 22:53

Grubber, what about that zbrush decimate? Might be fun to give it a try out. post up the results if you do.

Cheers
Terry

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Minigun

Post by Grubber » 12 Aug 2009, 23:05

Terry, I did not tried zbrush decimate.
Anyway here lowpoly model:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1817/firstlowpoly.jpg
I think I made too complex model as for a first time :D

Letterbox
Posts: 391
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 12:49

Re: Minigun

Post by Letterbox » 13 Aug 2009, 10:55

I think you did a great job on the model, the low poly looks like it could do with some more work on the handles. just a suggestion.

Cheers
Terry

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Minigun

Post by Grubber » 13 Aug 2009, 10:59

Thanks Terry!
I will work on it for sure :) I am already thinking to revise high polygon model, so it would be much more easier to build low polygon model.