Build Set from Array
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
Build Set from Array
Very helpful little node that I use for literally every complex work with points and
topology. For example you can use array of points to filter positions by them and
move stuff around. Instead of »Get Point ID« you can use any topology
attribute sets to work in topo contexts. If you know a better way to create set from
array - let me know.
local backup: Build Set from Array.xsicompound
local backup: Build Set from Array.xsicompound
author site: http://procedural.tumblr.com / download @ si-community thread
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Build Set from Array
Very helpful little node that I use for literally every complex work with points and topology. For example you can use array of points to filter positions by them and move stuff around.
Last edited by iamVFX on 30 Oct 2012, 11:58, edited 2 times in total.
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: Build Set from Array
Looking at your tree, I'd think that the pass through can plug directly into the Equal.
E.g.:
Output Pass Through = 0, 4, 9, 2
Output Array Size = 4
Output Index Array = 0, 1, 2, 3
Output Select in Array = 0, 4, 9, 2
E.g.:
Output Pass Through = 0, 4, 9, 2
Output Array Size = 4
Output Index Array = 0, 1, 2, 3
Output Select in Array = 0, 4, 9, 2
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: Build Set from Array
Chris, indeed, thanks!Chris_TC wrote:Looking at your tree, I'd think that the pass through can plug directly into the Equal.
E.g.:
Output Pass Through = 0, 4, 9, 2
Output Array Size = 4
Output Index Array = 0, 1, 2, 3
Output Select in Array = 0, 4, 9, 2
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: Build Set from Array
I've got this gigantic ICE tree that needs re-organizing and re-structuring.iamVFX wrote:By the way, what's with your procedural city generator?
I've been procrastinating because it'll take a while to go over all the logic, especially after not looking at it for some time. Everything works, but in order to restructure I need to know how it works and what all of those attributes are used for. I think I'll have to write a documentation for myself to keep track of things in the future.
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: Build Set from Array
"Build Set from Array" compound is now deprecated, Procedural Topo Pack has converters to any context which are called "Array to * Set".
Here is an update for "Find Matches in Array" node. No repeat loops, just weird science of nonexistent generated set.
[rimg=400]http://xsisupport.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/find_in_array.png[/rimg]
Here is an update for "Find Matches in Array" node. No repeat loops, just weird science of nonexistent generated set.
[rimg=400]http://xsisupport.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/find_in_array.png[/rimg]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.