I created a simple sculpt deformer compound. Just add a WeightMap to the geometry, change the Minimum Weight Value to -1 and paint away.
Adjust Factor to increase or decrease effect, or change the curve to your liking. A weight value of +1 will push outward, an value of -1 ( hold Shift while painting ) inward.
happy sculpting.
Sculpt Deformer
-
Toonafish
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 04 Nov 2011, 09:05
Sculpt Deformer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Sculpt Deformer
This looks very interesting! I don't know how I missed it up until now. I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for sharing!!!
Edit: It IS very cool! You've single handedly brought basic sculpting to SI. Awesome!!!
Edit: It IS very cool! You've single handedly brought basic sculpting to SI. Awesome!!!
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Re: Sculpt Deformer
Perhaps it would be interesting to unify it with "adaptive subdivision" compound,
to get those geometry iterations going on when points/edges get stretched/distanced?
Something like simple Sculptris, Dyna MEsh, 3dcoat voxel mesh...
ICE Topo - Adaptative Subdivision
to get those geometry iterations going on when points/edges get stretched/distanced?
Something like simple Sculptris, Dyna MEsh, 3dcoat voxel mesh...
ICE Topo - Adaptative Subdivision
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Sculpt Deformer
Yes indeed! Maybe a good thing for the ice community project.
-
Toonafish
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 04 Nov 2011, 09:05
Re: Sculpt Deformer
Hey, thanks guys. Never thought anyone would find it useful, so I kind of forgot about it, because a little while after posting this I found out it's already in the box by default : Property > Map Paint Tools > Paint Push Tool.
But a good idea to combine it with the adaptive subd compound. I'll give it a shot.
But a good idea to combine it with the adaptive subd compound. I'll give it a shot.
-
Boris
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 25 May 2012, 14:35
- Location: R&M
Re: Sculpt Deformer
Thx MAN ! very very very useful tool !Toonafish wrote:I created a simple sculpt deformer compound. Just add a WeightMap to the geometry, change the Minimum Weight Value to -1 and paint away.
Adjust Factor to increase or decrease effect, or change the curve to your liking. A weight value of +1 will push outward, an value of -1 ( hold Shift while painting ) inward.
happy sculpting.
Oops ,something went wrong 