display glitches (was: "scrollbar bug...")
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
display glitches (was: "scrollbar bug...")
When opening the Compound Version Manager as a normal window it doesn't provide a scrollbar at its right side even when the list of compounds is definitively longer that the window can actually display. After enlarging the window to full-screen and then resizing it to it's original size the scrollbar does however appear correctly.
I just started enjoying the Compound Version Manager so I can only attest to this behavior in SI2012.5.
;)
I just started enjoying the Compound Version Manager so I can only attest to this behavior in SI2012.5.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
I'm bumping this thread. This apparently isn't something anyone else has experienced. It now obviously makes me wonder, what could be the reason for the behavior (or lack thereof) of the scrollbar in my dual screen setup on SI2012.5 and what I could try to potentially fix it...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
I have absolutely no idea, but that doesn't help...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
But do you encounter the same problem or not? ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
Not yet, but that's probably because I've never used it. I know this is all very helpful...I just didn't want you to feel like we were ignoring you 
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
These sort of glitches could be gfx card related . . I don't have that one either, what I have is when panning around in the Render Tree or in the ICE Tree, sometimes only a region of the tree view actually moves/updates, until I resize the view.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
Ah I see... Thanks.
In your opinion: Is this the kind of glitch I could try to fix by updating the driver to my graphics card (Quadro FX 3700) or should I learn to live with it until I finally get a new computer (and a new graphics card - with its own set of glitches)?
In your opinion: Is this the kind of glitch I could try to fix by updating the driver to my graphics card (Quadro FX 3700) or should I learn to live with it until I finally get a new computer (and a new graphics card - with its own set of glitches)?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
Tried updating, my redraw issue wasn't fixed by updating the driver (GTX 285), but it's not so bad.. only happends once every few hours. If it's really annoying for you, still could be worth the try. Can't hurt.. usually
.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
I have not looked at the problem you are having, but from the description at the top it I wouldn't think it's graphic card related. It's a scrollbar setup thing. Could be a bug that you can only see in a sepecific DPI, font, os, compound name length, etc.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: scrollbar bug in Compound Version Manager?
Thanks to you both...
A driver update didn't fix it, sadly, but it was worth a try...
The weird thing is I didn't experience any glitches with SI2012 until I discovered
the Compound Version Manager for my current project. Ah well, I guess I can learn
to live with it for the time being and once I bought my new PC (with a different graphics card)
I may be in for a whole new set of potential glitches to get used to then...
"Ah, I remember it fondly, the time my biggest Softimage-related worry
was the scrollbar in the Compound Version Manager... Those were the days!"

A driver update didn't fix it, sadly, but it was worth a try...
The weird thing is I didn't experience any glitches with SI2012 until I discovered
the Compound Version Manager for my current project. Ah well, I guess I can learn
to live with it for the time being and once I bought my new PC (with a different graphics card)
I may be in for a whole new set of potential glitches to get used to then...
"Ah, I remember it fondly, the time my biggest Softimage-related worry
was the scrollbar in the Compound Version Manager... Those were the days!"
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: display glitches (was: "scrollbar bug...")
Dissimilar but similar problem: in my ICEview, I occasionally get this after opening and then closing a compound - the font will be either changed to a different one or gone to a tiny size. Zoom is here at maximum, can't get any closer.
Sometimes it will pop back to normal after dragging in a new compound or creating a new tree, sometimes it won't until I restart SI.
[edit: 2012SAP]
Sometimes it will pop back to normal after dragging in a new compound or creating a new tree, sometimes it won't until I restart SI.
[edit: 2012SAP]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: display glitches (was: "scrollbar bug...")
"At least the ICE Tree stays relatively simple that way..." .
Sorry, couldn't resist. That's even worse than my scrollbar woes...
Is this new to the SAP? What kind of graphics card do you use? I am using a NVidia Quadro FX 3700, that's technically not supported any more, but does the job quite admirably, except for my scrollbar glitch...
Sorry, couldn't resist. That's even worse than my scrollbar woes...
Is this new to the SAP? What kind of graphics card do you use? I am using a NVidia Quadro FX 3700, that's technically not supported any more, but does the job quite admirably, except for my scrollbar glitch...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: display glitches (was: "scrollbar bug...")
Geforce GTX 460. The nasty part is that it's so irregular, no idea when or why it will suddenly appear. I just updated my drivers and haven't been able to replicate.
And it's there since 2012 I think (I installed 2012 and SAP quite close after that, so I'm not entirely sure)
And it's there since 2012 I think (I installed 2012 and SAP quite close after that, so I'm not entirely sure)
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: display glitches (was: "scrollbar bug...")
Ah! I forgot, it also happens in the material manager. Just now (so the updated driver didn't help):
As you can see, this time the font is different and smaller though not as tiny as in the previous example.
As you can see, this time the font is different and smaller though not as tiny as in the previous example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.