Discussions concerning programming of SOFTIMAGE©
-
islasyr
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Jul 2009, 09:23
Post
by islasyr » 04 Aug 2009, 11:46
Hello..
I have a little problem..
I need to Close Softimage by a command, When I've used (Quit) command a question of Save confirmation appeard every time..
So how can I force Softimage to close without this question ?
Maybe if I could reach PID of Softimage in Windows I can kill its process by a "Taskkill" batch command..
Any Suggestions??
Thanks..!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 04 Aug 2009, 17:07
But why would you want to?
Killing the PID from within the application itself doesn't somehow seem to be very wise... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
islasyr
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Jul 2009, 09:23
Post
by islasyr » 04 Aug 2009, 17:40
Well..
I'm developing an addon that can updates itself by checking for a new version on server every time that Softimage starts up, and before any action that user takes..
So after updating I need to restart Softimage for better results..
That's it..
Please if u have any idea to restart Softimage..
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Post
by owei » 04 Aug 2009, 17:56
Hm...the only way I can figure out, is saving a scene (for example as "null_scene") and then quitting Softimage via script. If saving is performed right before you hit the quit button, Softimage does not ask again to save the scene. Unfortunately I can´t find a preference concernig this issue...at least, this could be a workaround...
cheers,
oliver
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 04 Aug 2009, 18:46
Putting the update sequence in a startup event isn't an option?

Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
islasyr
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Jul 2009, 09:23
Post
by islasyr » 04 Aug 2009, 19:01
Sorry it's not Just like this..
When u save your scene as a temp_scene or something like this and run a QUIT command Softimage will get it as a Change and asks again to save

..
I've try it again and again but..

no result..
So it's not a solution..
-
islasyr
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Jul 2009, 09:23
Post
by islasyr » 04 Aug 2009, 19:10
Mr. Hirazi Blue:
It's already in a startup event.. but after updating I need to restart Softimage and here comes troubles that I mentioned !!
I need to launch another Softimage and kill current one after updating my Addon..
I think it's the best way to restart the Application without errors..
Thanks really for your suggestions...

-
Letterbox
- Posts: 391
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 12:49
Post
by Letterbox » 04 Aug 2009, 20:06
Why not just pop up a dialog and ask the user to restart the application to complete the install of the addon.
-
islasyr
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Jul 2009, 09:23
Post
by islasyr » 05 Aug 2009, 10:24
Thanks Mr.Letter Box for ur Suggestion but here is the Power..
to restart Softimage by a Command.. That is the Challenge..
Thanks again..