I'm an ICE noob and so far I learned how to scale the entire mesh by using ICE, but I don't know how to scale individual(or only some polys) of a mesh.
Is there some documentation about this? or does anyone have time to explain?
How to scale individual polygons of a mesh?
-
iatriki
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 13:26
- Location: timisoara romania
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: How to scale individual polygons of a mesh?
I am not quite sure what you're trying to achieve and I might just misunderstand your question, but I would guess the best way to scale a polygon of a mesh would be to move it adjacent points around...
;)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
iatriki
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 13:26
- Location: timisoara romania
Re: How to scale individual polygons of a mesh?
I made this setup( in the image). I made a cluster with the points I wanna scale, but with my setup the points move along their vectors. I just wanna move them towards eachother in the XZ plane.
EDIT: I replaced the ResizeVector with an ADD node and I can now move the cluster in the desired axis. Is there another way to move individual points, besides moving the cluster that contains them? Is there a way to move points perpendicular to a polygon's normal?
EDIT: I replaced the ResizeVector with an ADD node and I can now move the cluster in the desired axis. Is there another way to move individual points, besides moving the cluster that contains them? Is there a way to move points perpendicular to a polygon's normal?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrei Cirdu
http://iatriki.carbonmade.com
http://iatriki.carbonmade.com
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: How to scale individual polygons of a mesh?
The resize vector won't do what you want, because the point position vectors are drawn from the scene origin. So the tree will scale your polygon, but will use the scene origin as the pivot. Display the vectors to see exactly what's happening.
What you want to do is draw a vector from the polygon center to each of its points. Then resize that vector and add the result to the point positions.
Example tree and compound below.

What you want to do is draw a vector from the polygon center to each of its points. Then resize that vector and add the result to the point positions.
Example tree and compound below.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
iatriki
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 15 Nov 2011, 13:26
- Location: timisoara romania
Re: How to scale individual polygons of a mesh?
Thank you for your answer! 
Andrei Cirdu
http://iatriki.carbonmade.com
http://iatriki.carbonmade.com