W.I.P. Pc

Comments on work in progress
User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 30 Jul 2009, 07:52

Hi all, I'm doing this little concept, a personal computer, there's nothing special, for now i modeled the monitor and only the front part of the case, hope you like it ^^

Image

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Hirazi Blue » 30 Jul 2009, 09:18

Looks nice! Keep it up... :-bd
BTW: why do you use a file hoster,
when you can just as easily attach the image to your post directly and even show it "inline"?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
shushens
Posts: 192
Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 05:34
Skype: shushens
Location: Paderborn, Germany

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by shushens » 30 Jul 2009, 09:23

Neat looking cabinet and monitor :)
A little boxy, but I like it :)
You wanna detail those eventually?
My ill-maintained blog: http://visualdeceptions.info/blogger

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 30 Jul 2009, 09:30

of course i wanna detail it more and more; i'm just at the start ^^.

here an update, i've modeled the side vent.

@Hirazi: sorry, i didn't see the direct attach file ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Hirazi Blue » 30 Jul 2009, 09:38

No problem!!! ;)
My question was just that: a question, not some moderator-specific way to "chastise" you... :ymdevil:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
shushens
Posts: 192
Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 05:34
Skype: shushens
Location: Paderborn, Germany

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by shushens » 30 Jul 2009, 10:27

Sexy! Is that point bevel and bridge? If so, how did you select all the polygons created from bevelling? Some sort of step selection command? If it is a rectangular vent, I just make a small piece and keep duplicating it. But I wonder what I should do when the object's shape is complex and I can't just get away by duplicating.

No matter what image uploading service you use, instead of linking the thumbnail here, just link the "direct link". That will do it :)
My ill-maintained blog: http://visualdeceptions.info/blogger

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 30 Jul 2009, 12:10

the grid is made in this way(example):

- create a grid, 20x20 size with 48x48 of subdivision

- select all polygons

- do Inset Polygon, with insent amount of 0,07 and merge turned off

- Ctrl+D to duplicate and move them inward

- delete the polygons

- give the mesh a couple of iteractions to smooth it really nice.

DONE ^^

for my vent, also i've deleted some parts of the grid to fit it in the border of the vent

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 30 Jul 2009, 15:55

last update for today ^^, i've start to model the rear:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 31 Jul 2009, 14:25

here another update; i just finished to model the rear ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Hirazi Blue » 31 Jul 2009, 15:48

I would love to see some (shaded) wireframes of these... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 03 Aug 2009, 07:25

here the wireframe: as you notice, i didn't care very much of triangle and n-gon in the parts where i don't need to put iteraction; instead in such parts like the side vents, obviously there are all quad cause i need a couple of subdivision there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 03 Aug 2009, 07:26

Here a render try: FG + Mental Ray ; i love the camera angle and field of view in it ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Aug 2009, 07:30

Diurno wrote:i didn't care very much of triangle and n-gon in the parts
Well, you won't be animating it, I would guess... :D
(Although a fully rigged pc could be interesting :-? )

Very nice render BTW...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 03 Aug 2009, 07:37

Hirazi Blue wrote:
Well, you won't be animating it, I would guess... :D
.
no i don't think so..... :))

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by Diurno » 03 Aug 2009, 10:01

update, i've done the Keyboard, based on my logitech :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
shushens
Posts: 192
Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 05:34
Skype: shushens
Location: Paderborn, Germany

Re: W.I.P. Pc

Post by shushens » 03 Aug 2009, 10:02

LOL... a rigged rig... what would it do? Blush? Wiggle? Run for dear life? hehehehe

Man, you're putting a lot of hard labour into it. Make sure you get a really really nice render out of it.
My ill-maintained blog: http://visualdeceptions.info/blogger