Instance along CV curve question

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
SreckoM
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
Skype: srecko.micic

Instance along CV curve question

Post by SreckoM » 01 Nov 2011, 10:48

I made this compound for exercise purpose. This is my first 'complex' stuff I did with ICE. It is distributing points along curve, maintaining (or trying to) same distance between instances and forces instances to align to curve. It does not use UV to Location approach as I couldn't figure out how to force instances to align, plus I wanted to make something on my own. Drawback is that it only works with Linear curves, and curve must be at XZ plane. Also there are probably smarter way of doing several things in there...

Now questions is, what is math or is it possible at all, to 'force' it to flow along 3 degree curves (CV curves), without UV Location method?

I guess this video will explain best:
http://screencast.com/t/IYOp2R7IY

I can share compound if needed, but at this stage I do not know is it useful to anyone, this is screenshot of ICE tree:
http://screencast.com/t/47CsOlLbm1L
- H -

Zafar Iqbal
Moderator
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 09:04

Re: Instance along CV curve question

Post by Zafar Iqbal » 01 Nov 2011, 11:50

I only watched the video but it looks very promising and you should keep working on it and see if you can improve it. I could have used something like this some time ago when I modeled a bunch of racetracks :D
- Zafar Iqbal