I am really stumped.
What I am trying to is show a flight path by means of a ribbon type effect. The plane makes maneuvers and leaves a horizontal trail of it's flight path. How could I reproduce this effect and show the proper roll ? My immediate thoughts were up vector on an extruded path, but how ? How can you control the roll of an extruded path ? Then, I realized ICE was probably the right way. Am I up the wrong tree so to speak ? I thought to animate the aircraft along a path and keyframe it's up vector (roll) and then get ICE to produce a trail with correct roll by producing polys or a strand from an object constrained to the back of the plane ?
Please let me know your thoughts, solutions and/or ideas.
Thanks
Best
12
P.S. I did try the forum before but to no perfect outcome ...
ICE Flight path ...Possible ?
Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
-
cheeseburger
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 08:56
ICE Flight path ...Possible ?
Post by cheeseburger » 24 Oct 2011, 14:26
- Board index
- All times are UTC
- Privacy Policy
- Contact / Legal Notice
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
Jump to
- Guidelines
- Read me first
- General
- ↳ News
- ↳ Announcements
- ↳ Migration
- ↳ 3ds Max
- ↳ Blender
- ↳ Cinema 4D
- ↳ Houdini
- ↳ Maya
- ↳ Modo
- ↳ Fabric Engine
- ↳ Other software
- ↳ Cooperation & Jobs
- ↳ Open Discussion
- ↳ Feedback
- Showroom
- ↳ WIP
- ↳ Finished Work
- ICE section
- ↳ ICE
- ↳ ICE & Math
- ↳ ICE Tutorials
- Softimage
- ↳ Modeling
- ↳ Materials & Shaders
- ↳ Animation
- ↳ Rigging & Face Robot
- ↳ Rendering
- ↳ Compositing
- ↳ Simulation
- ↳ Programming
- ↳ Softimage Mod Tool
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Tutorials
- ↳ Tutorials on YouTube
- ↳ General & Troubleshooting
- Download
- ↳ Upload Instructions
- ↳ Models&Scenes
- ↳ ICE Compounds
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Materials
- ↳ Scripts
- ↳ FX-Tree
- Archived Forums
- ↳ Community Projects
- ↳ Community Animation Project
- ↳ Legacy CAP archive
- ↳ Community ICE Project