Usefull codecs for SI animation preview - Avid DNxHD

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Usefull codecs for SI animation preview - Avid DNxHD

Post by ActionArt » 07 Oct 2011, 19:49

I use an Avid editor on a daily basis and one thing I found very handy was their video codec DNxHD (free). You can download it here:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfser ... cId=263545

When I render an animation I use SI's post process movie creation in MOV format using the Avid codec which plays very well on a PC, doesn't take up much space and is a good solid fast codec. A bonus if you have an Avid is that it loads right in for editing.

Just thought I'd mention it as I've found it useful for previewing animation. Much better than what comes with Windows. :)

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Usefull codecs for SI animation preview - Avid DNxHD

Post by Hirazi Blue » 08 Oct 2011, 11:53

Never thought I would be able to say this (on any SI-related forum) ever again:
Avid to the rescue!!! :ymparty:

Thanks for the suggestion... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!