African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
Hi good people.
I started to work on a little personal project. It's not very original, but it certainly a lot of fun.
She's a black South African version of lara Croft. Not sure yet what to name her, but that will come. This is early work in progress, so any comments will be much appreciated.C
I started to work on a little personal project. It's not very original, but it certainly a lot of fun.
She's a black South African version of lara Croft. Not sure yet what to name her, but that will come. This is early work in progress, so any comments will be much appreciated.C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Re: African Tomb Raider Character
small update...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Re: African Tomb Raider Character
another update...
need to remodel the hands. I don't like them.
need to remodel the hands. I don't like them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Re: African Tomb Raider Character
did a bit more work on her. Still the old hands tho.
Apologies for the bad quality render....Internet is packing up in our building.
Apologies for the bad quality render....Internet is packing up in our building.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Werner on 28 Jul 2009, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
-
Diurno
- Posts: 242
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50
Re: African Tomb Raider Character
Love the style and the detail accuracy ^^ i like it!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
Wow, looks great!!!
BTW: I added "mild nudity" to the thread-title, to consider the feelings of those "shocked" by such content.
BTW: I added "mild nudity" to the thread-title, to consider the feelings of those "shocked" by such content.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Diurno
- Posts: 242
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
can i suggest a little thing? the belts that she has on both her legs are quite too simmetrical and look innaturally; they look much better is you move or also delete one of them (this is just my opinion) ^^
-
mike_b
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 14:07
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
She looks really awesome - but she is a bit lacking in one (or two!) distinctive features that are typical of a Tomb raider model. Shouldn't she be a bit more well endowed? 
-
shushens
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 05:34
- Skype: shushens
- Location: Paderborn, Germany
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
Man, I would feel so proud if I could model characters like these. In one word, amazing. I am sure you will add more natural look to boots and belt and stuff later during finalization. I can't wait to see some modelling WiP. Can you show us the wireframe and some intermediate steps of modelling? I understand you are a veteran. But if you had to follow some tutorial, which one would you follow?
My ill-maintained blog: http://visualdeceptions.info/blogger
-
Qwesto
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 14:57
- Skype: joetello
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
Great character! Looks like she will be rigged? What kinda materials/rendering did you use? I keep my eyes on this this thread.... 
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
Thanks for the comments. Here is a quick update.
I will post wireframe images as soon as I'm done with the modeling.
I will post wireframe images as soon as I'm done with the modeling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Ethangar
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 02:16
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
Your skill never ceases to amaze me Werner 
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
Yes, truly amazing
Will you "use" her for a still or for an animation?
Will you "use" her for a still or for an animation?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
shushens
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 05:34
- Skype: shushens
- Location: Paderborn, Germany
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
You will do this model serious injustice if you don't make a tutorial, man. There is no good tutorial on human body modelling (except that Joan of Arc PDF).
My ill-maintained blog: http://visualdeceptions.info/blogger
-
Ethangar
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 02:16
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
Here here!!!shushens wrote:You will do this model serious injustice if you don't make a tutorial, man. There is no good tutorial on human body modelling (except that Joan of Arc PDF).
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Re: African Tomb Raider Character ("mild nudity")
It's been a while...I had some spare time today, so I started to rig this character.
There are some weight issues that I have to sort out, but overall, the rig is holding up nicley.
More effort will go into textures as soon as I have more time.
There are some weight issues that I have to sort out, but overall, the rig is holding up nicley.
More effort will go into textures as soon as I have more time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.